We just came back from a 4-night stay at Sina Hotel in late June. Here are pros and cons:
1. Great location just at the border of old town. We are not in the busy old town and away from loud speakers and yet you can simply walk across hotel back door across the stream and you are there! We stay in a Family Tatami room and the room size is just right for a family of 4 (with 2 mid-size kids). The room is next to the stream and it was nice to be able to hear the sound of the lazy creek.
2. Helpful staff: Nick (the hotel manager) made us feel at home and can arrange all the sightseeing and transportation. He speaks good English and very accessible via his mobile phone. We arrived late at night around 10:30PM but Nick was there to greet us. Our younger son was hungry so Nick quickly arranged a very nice meatball soup for all of us to welcome us. Now that is hospitality! Nick-recommended driver (Mr. Yang) is also great. He hired Mr. Yang for 2 days to tour around. He is a proud Naxi and take a pride of showing off his homeland to visitors. He took us to a few places off schedule like the US old airfield which affords one of the best views of our trip!
3. The price is very competitive and we saved more than 50% from what we would have paid to Crown Plaza.
1. There is actually NONE :)
But just a few suggestions: The carpet is getting old and the bathroom arrangement is kinda funny as there is no partition between toilet bowl and shower so the toilet seat could be wet at times.
Overall, we feel very comfortable at the hotel and would recommend this hotel to our friends. Bravo to Nick and Mr. Yang!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lijiang Sina Hotel is located in the famous “World Cultural Heritage” –inside the old town of Lijiang City. Accessing the hotel by the South Gate, its architectural structure is rich in art and also follows the traditional “Naxi” dwelling. Lijiang old town, a poetical name, literally means a beautiful river in Chinese and occupying a land area of 3.8 sq. km, has the combination of minority culture with modern and luxurious living ambience. Every room is equipped with Internet broadband and latest IPTV which offers wide selection of video movies. Business center and secretarial services are being offered to hotel guests. A gift shop within the hotel compound eased the conveniences for shopping of souvenirs and basic necessity. The restaurant is situated in an open courtyard alongside the streams, offers Chinese food and Naxi local dishes as well as international cuisines.A stroll down the memorable and authentic shophouses within the “old town of Lijiang” offers tourists wide varieties of Naxi souvenirs, etc. From the “old town”, one could also catch sight of the panoramic breathtaking view of the “Jade Dragon” snow mountain. Spring waters from the Jade Dragon snow mountain gather with the Black Dragon pool park flows down to the town forms many streams at the side of the street and the backyard of the houses. There are more than 300 bridges of various types in the old Lijiang town, which linked many part of the townhouses. Most of the streets in the old Lijiang town are paved with five color stones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Ctrip DaoDao, Tingo, HostelBookers, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Sina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.