The Pullman Hotel Lijiang is a beautiful resort, with plenty of water features, reflective pools and interesting naxi style architecture to make it one of the top choice hotel destinations in Lijiang. This together with a contemporary asian interiors creates the perfect setting for a clam, quiet and relaxing holiday.
The location near Shuhe Old Town is not a problem for us as the hotel does provide limited shuttle service to the ancient town in Dayan and nearby Shuhe, and there is always the option of taking the taxi which is fairly cheap in China. Shuhe is definately a better place to stay if you are there for a few days but be prepared for the peace and quiet.
The only issue we had with the Pullman is the standard of service which is not entirely consistent. On the day of our arrival, the concierge was no where to be seen for the good part of the day, and while we had a breeze checking in, we had lots of problems trying to arrange for the use the hotel shuttle that day. Over the next few day the service seemingly got better with the concierge effortlessly assisting us in coordinating some of our travel plans. The hotel also is currently not able to make tour arrangements for guests (very strange we thought) although they say they can arrange for just the transport at exorbitant prices. Luckily we had stayed at another 5 star hotel in Dayan ancient town earlier, and knew how to make the tour arrangements ourselves so we managed to get around that problem. Or you can just hop into Shuhe ancient town and get in touch with a tour agent.
As for the 2 restaurants, they are also set in rather beautiful surroundings, and although we didn't mind so much the exorbitant prices the restaurants charged, we had expected the food to be of slightly better standards. All in all, expect an excellent hotel for the price that you pay, but be prepared to compromise on the standards a little.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Lijiang Hotel
- Pullman Lijiang Resort And Spa
- Pullman Lijiang Hotel Lijiang
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located adjacent to ShuHe Ancient Town and 10 minutes from downtown Lijiang and the heritage listed DaYan Ancient Town, Resort boasts beautiful, upscale design within traditional NaXi style buildings. As well as 51 spacious rooms, Resort offers 79 villas with private courtyards and mountain views, superior facilities and technology including WiFi access and connectivity panels, plus extensive conferencing facilities, a spa and lakeside dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splendia, Expedia, Travelocity, ACCOR, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ctrip DaoDao, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Pullman Lijiang Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.