We spent one night in this hotel after spending a few nights in another hotel located in the heart of the Shuhe old town. Given the reputation of Banyan Tree, we did all the day trips from the other hotel and decided to spend the entire afternoon at the resort after checking in.
The resort was fantastic. As you enter, you see the pavilion besides the lake perfectly aligned with the archways, with the Jade Dragon mountains in the background.
The best part of the resort was its location and the overall landscaping and decor.
Electric buggies took us to our Superior Suite where we were treated to yet another great vista from the balcony.
The room was large and comfortable with contemporary Chinese decor. There is a separate living area which can be separated from the bedroom via panel doors, although I would imagine that few would want to close the panel doors since a view of the Jade Dragon mountains was available directly in bed.
The bathroom was airy and brightly lit with twin sinks, and separate shower and bath. Amenities were of excellent quality.
My only complaint are that the bath mat seemed to be a bit incongruent with the otherwise good quality of furnishings. It was a plain white towel.
The rain shower was also disappointing. Rather than a strong downpour, one got instead very thin water sprays going in various directions.
Service levels were also excellent with the staff being exceedingly responsive.
Overall, an excellent experience but with some slight imperfections.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the historic charm, rich culture and sweeping landscapes of Lijiang, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997. Located in the highlands of Yunnan province, the resort is adjacent to the Na'xi minority old town of Shuhe and only a 10 minute drive from the ancient Silk Road town of Baisha. Situated close to the base of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, it is surrounded by high peaks and hidden valleys, making it a photographers dream. Many unique experiences are ready to be enjoyed as you explore the back streets of the ancient towns, traverse the mountainous landscape to Tiger Leaping Gorge, Wen Hai lake, or take a cycle trek through the foothills to remote Yi villages. For a more leisurely experience, indulge in one of the many luxurious treatments available at the world renowned Banyan Tree Spa. With clear blue skies for nine months of the year, enjoy a breath of fresh air and escape to the tranquility of Banyan Tree Lijiang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Banyan Tree Lijiang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Lijiang Hotel Lijiang
- Banyan Tree Hotel Lijiang
- Lijiang Banyan Tree Hotel