I stayed for 4D3N under the Romantic Highlands Retreat package at end September to which I paid RMB2300 nett per night for their Garden Suite however this package included one set of dinner, lunch and tea time as well as daily breakfast and round trip airport transfer so it was pretty inclusive. In addition we took a total of three day tours/treks with them. We missed out doing their spa cos they were totally booked in the evenings (do take note to make your spa bookings way earlier).
I would say the location of this resort isn't too bad as it is at least within walking distance to the smaller old town though of cos it is a long way away from the main bigger old town which is the main attraction. However chances are you will be spending your days travelling or touring around so we didn't really find it too big of an issue and they can arrange for taxis to the old town without much hassle.
Even though the my Garden Suite was the most basic of their accommodation options (they refused to give a room upgrade), it was still very pretty and very spacious which is the hallmark of Banyan Tree rooms. Nicely decorated and a very comfortable king sized bed along with a spacious bathroom certainly was a highlight. Everything in the room was really great with the different types of chinese tea a highlight as well. However we felt the bathroom amenities weren't of the highest quality. They were all in-house Banyan Tree products though I do have my reservations about the quality of their bathroom products.
The resort is very big indeed and its a pretty far walk from one end to another though they do have the buggy service if you need. The lovely lake in the middle with the pagoda was really beautiful and made the scenery whilst eating in their restaurants extra special. One big letdown was the breakfast though. It was commonplace and lacked any real quality. The congee and noodle station wasn't too bad though their selection of western and chinese dishes were poor at best. For a hotel of this high stature, they really should look at revamping their breakfast dishes selection.
Whilst this resort might be very beautiful, the pricing isn't particularly cheap especially compared to its nearby competitors so do look through the sites and try to get a discount if you can or a package that's inclusive of meals or tours.
In regards to the tours, it was a very pleasant experience. Obviously they charge much higher for their tours/treks in comparison with taking a service outside though if you do use them, you definitely get a feeling of luxury and being treated as a VIP. Their transportation are top notch and super comfortable especially for long winding trips and we had a tour guide named William who was very friendly and took care of us really well without making us feel uncomfortable. As we took three different travels/tours from them (which is basically everyday) they gave us a small discount in appreciation of that fact.
All in all, it was a lovely experience in a good hotel in an absolutely gorgeous location with breath taking scenery all around. Whilst I don't think I will return to this part of China anytime soon, I will not hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone looking for a luxurious holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the historic charm, rich culture and sweeping landscapes of Lijiang, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997. Located in the highlands of Yunnan province, the resort is adjacent to the Na'xi minority old town of Shuhe and only a 10 minute drive from the ancient Silk Road town of Baisha. Situated close to the base of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, it is surrounded by high peaks and hidden valleys, making it a photographers dream. Many unique experiences are ready to be enjoyed as you explore the back streets of the ancient towns, traverse the mountainous landscape to Tiger Leaping Gorge, Wen Hai lake, or take a cycle trek through the foothills to remote Yi villages. For a more leisurely experience, indulge in one of the many luxurious treatments available at the world renowned Banyan Tree Spa. With clear blue skies for nine months of the year, enjoy a breath of fresh air and escape to the tranquility of Banyan Tree Lijiang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Banyan Tree Lijiang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Lijiang Hotel Lijiang
- Banyan Tree Hotel Lijiang
- Lijiang Banyan Tree Hotel