Thank you Banyan Tree Lijiang.....We’ll be back!
Just came back from the Amazing Banyan Tree Lijiang. Lijiang was the last stop for us having travelled quite a bit in Sichuan, Beijing and eventually Yunnan. I had done my research on Banyan Tree and knew about it but what I actually found was an amazing resort so well positioned in one of the most beautiful settings. On arrival we were met with friendly resort staff and within a short time was checked I to a Mountain Facing duplex suite. The place was so serene and breathtaking, one can only feel it when you are here.
We were on the way to the restaurants in the evening when it was still bright as the sun set is late. We were admiring the views and contemplating whether we should go to the Shuhe old village which our driver had suggested. Then we met a gentleman who happened to be the General Manager and when he realized I was Thai he spoke to me in Thai and very quickly he had managed to convince us to stay in house. We had a Yunnan menu at the Chinese Restaurant which was excellent.
Breakfast quite frankly was not what we would have expected as the room was crowed and the food was “okay”. However, the resort offers so much, in terms of nature, friendly people taking care of you, breathtaking views and more, the food was not a major issue. We just did not bother to do any sightseeing, except one quick escapade to the Old City.
We really would like to complement the management and the team for maintaining the friendliness and care which is seen everywhere. This could be coming from the leadership as having met the GM we immediately realized that he was an absolutely caring person. The Villa we stayed was delightful, with comfortable beds and facilities. One evening we just sat on the balcony admiring the breathtaking mountain views and chatting away; before we knew the bottle of Chardonnay was gone :-)
Thank you Banyan Tree Lijiang!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the ethnic charm, historical milieu and architectural landscape of the Old Town of Lijiang. Located in Yunnan province, the resort is an hour's drive from the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, a sacred sanctuary which has protected the ethnic minorities and their unique cultures since ancient times. Regarded as the Venice of the Orient with its dizzying array of water canals, quaint bridges and cobble-stoned streets, Lijiang was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip DaoDao, Tingo, Jetsetter, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Banyan Tree Lijiang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Lijiang Hotel Lijiang
- Banyan Tree Hotel Lijiang
- Lijiang Banyan Tree Hotel