We stayed at the Banyan Tree in Lijiang to really pamper ourselves during a much needed vacation. It was a combination of cultural experience and relaxation. The hotel is architecture and layout reflects the local culure/architecture which was beautiful. The staff and service, by and large were excellent. What keeps me from rating this place excellent is the food service - (1) room service was painfully slow for a property of this caliber, (2) service at the restaurants also too slow, and (3) the food was not great. Again, I would have expected really good food for a Banyan Tree. However, food quality/taste and food service speed aside, I highly recommend this property. It is very close by the Shuhe old village which is much more charming than Lijiang Old Town, which is a big plus because you can just walk there. We went with the entire family even though there's no pool - which was fine because we were exploring the area.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Lijiang Hotel
- Banyan Tree Lijiang Hotel Lijiang
- Banyan Tree Hotel Lijiang
- Lijiang Banyan Tree Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the ethnic charm, historical milieu and architectural landscape of the Old Town of Lijiang. Located in Yunnan province, the resort is an hour's drive from the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, a sacred sanctuary which has protected the ethnic minorities and their unique cultures since ancient times. Regarded as the Venice of the Orient with its dizzying array of water canals, quaint bridges and cobble-stoned streets, Lijiang was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip DaoDao, Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Banyan Tree Lijiang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.