“Not a great hotel but unsure of better options” 4 of 5 stars
Review of New Jiu Zhai Hotel

You added New Jiu Zhai Hotel to your Saves list
New Jiu Zhai Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jiu Zhai Gou Scenic Area, Jiuzhaigou County 623402, China   |
Ranked #4 of 151 Hotels in Jiuzhaigou County
Singapore
“Not a great hotel but unsure of better options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Room furnishing is quite good and comparative to 4stars hotel I stayed in other hotels.
Beds are too hard for comfort.
Pillows are too soft for comfort.
WIFI worked in the hotel room for the 1st night but not the 2nd. Feedbacked to the 2 service staffs separately but nothing was done till I checked out.
Even the WIFI at the lobby didn't work at all parts of the lobby.

We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel.
Dinner was not fantastic but the price is comparable to the other shops outside of the hotel.
So to save the hassle, advise is to take dinner in the hotel.

Breakfast could be better if they have better chefs to cook the eggs and more spreads for the bread.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend staying here if there are better options.

I paid only RMB390. Special price booked by a special friend. Original price could be RMB 600 which is totally not worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for more pillows from room service if you think the ones in your room are too soft for you. The...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We only stayed for one night, to combine with our visit to Jiuzhaigou National Park and for this purpose it was perfectly fine. Staff did their best to help us in English and we had a very nice dinner here. The breakfast buffet was ok, not especially good but not bad either. The location is very near to the entrance of the park. Do take the taxi thought, it's too far to walk because there are no curbs, you have to walk ont he side of the motorway. (bad experiment.)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent a nightmare 2 nights at this excuse for a hotel. We checked in at the very spacious lobby and had reasonable expectations for the room. When we settled in we found the sink was blocked so that the water could not escape, bizarrely the fridge was disconnected and placed under the TV on its side so I had to move it to where it should be with the drink glasses etc, and worst of all, they turn off the air co at night so the room is like a humid oven all night. Should I also mention that outside our room was the play area for the staff ie shouting and screaming to late at night? Next morning I asked for the air co to be fixed and sink unblocked. Came back that second evening after a tiring day and found the sink fixed, but air co still doing nothing. Went down to the lobby to complain and ask for another room. Was told no rooms available, but they could give me an electric fan!! 30 minutes of arguing with the Manager and staff lead to the surprise....another room was available..funny that. They even had to ask another guest who was bilingual in Mandarin and English and who were so kind to help. We all went to the new room and guess what? Air co was off. Well, finally I gave up and took the electric fan and had another hot sleepless night. Also, the breakfast was 2 star at best - don't expect any western food. There is no wireless Internet access in the room, but there is in the lobby which would be about dial up speed ie a newspaper I download everyday takes about 1-3 minutes...at this hotel I gave up after 10 minutes when it was only 8% complete. I have been going to hotels for over 40 years and this would be one of the worst ever...avoid at all costs. There are many others in the area which would suit you better...trust me.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

It is one of the many hotels along jiuzaigou. It's near the entrance to the scenic area. However, as hotel is not located in big city, don't expect too much facilities. WiFi available in lobby area only. Having breakfast here can be a big headache as the queue is always long, with local tour group forming the majority. Food is not fanstatic but still edible.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

New Jiuzhaigou Hotel is fairly of decent standard during my 2 nights stay in early November. Although I personally did not have much problems during my stay, I would urge new tourists to adjust your standards for a local hotel such as this.

The hotel looks grand in its oriental decor. It gets cold in the lobby and in the corridors that takes you to your rooms because the hotel has not installed heaters. It is extremely cold during Fall/Winter the moment you step out of your room. And because the hotel is cost-efficient, motion sensored lights have been installed along the corridors. So that means, it is dark when you return to your rooms at night.

Rooms:
Decorated in dark wood furniture with oriental accents. It is clean and fully equipped with necessary for a comfortable stay. There was no English channels on TV, only mandarin channels, so it got really boring in our room at night. There was also no wifi in the room, only in the lobby. Neither were there heaters in the room but you can always adjust the AC to a comfortable temperature for your room. However, the AC goes off my midnight because it is centrally controlled. As a result, the room gets could very quickly in 2 hours. My advice to all is to bring thermal pyjamas if you are visiting during the colder months.

Food:
This food is decent but it may not be suitable for Western travelers. In fact, I being from Singapore, the food was not entirely suited to my liking. They do serve a lot of cabbage, melons and green vegetables during dinner. They hardly serve meat dishes except for steamed fish. I had to admit it was hard for me to get by with a 10 course chinese meal, out of which, 9 dishes were vegetables. The lack of meat made me hungry very quickly. I felt I was not sustained well enough for winter.

Breakfast was buffet style. The standard breakfast included porridge and several assorted cooked/cold vegetable dishes. Fortunately there was a saving grace. In a small corner of the restaurant, I found a small buffet table serving food that I am more used to having... There were toasts, eggs, butter, jam, coffee and fruits.

Location:
The hotel is surrounded by majestic mountains. We had a very scenic view in the hotel restaurant and it is a beautiful, misty sight in the early morning. Jiuzhaigou is just 15 minute away.

Service:
The staff were relatively helping during my stay, although I had encountered a few uncouth staff during my stay. It would be an advantage if you were traveling with a local guide. My tour guide practically served as my 'communicator' if I had difficulty communicating with local staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This hotel is located not so far away from the Jiuzhaigao scenic area. It has a huge building and well-equipped room. During the peak season, it's quite annoying to have long queue for breakfast in this hotel. In the peak season (China Schools' days Off), you can even experienced people quarreling for omelets! Despite that, the breakfast served in this hotel is great. You can choose from so many varieties of food there. When I stay in this hotel, I've a room with a great view, and you can experience the beauty of it. Truly worth to stay!

Room Tip: Always supply yourself with plenty of mineral water bought in the supermarkets as the mineral water...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We didn't have any problems the two nights we stayed at this hotel, minus the hair I found in my bread one night at dinner. But hey, I found hair in my food three times during my eight day China trip so it's almost to be expected. Taxis were plentiful to take you to and from Jiuzhaigou - quick 10 minute ride. Rooms were clean and quiet. Good FREE LAN connections. A power converter was quickly brought to the room after a call to housekeeping. Breakfast was just okay,consistently mostly of Chinese dishes. This is Jiuzhai so food expectations need to be lowered. We stayed at this hotel as part of a tour package so I can't comment on the value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the hotel if street noise is a concern.
Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to New Jiu Zhai Hotel? Share your experiences!