The hotel is built in a forest, and therefore, environment is really good with woods surrounding it. The decoration is in unique local Zang style. The different restaurants are quite nice. We tried Si Chuan hot pot, as well as Si Chuan dishes, and both were delicious
The room, though, requires better maintenance. The original room we checked in was in poor condition: the air conditioning was loud and noisy; the bathroom door couldn't be closed, and the worst was that the bathroom lighting couldn't be turned off! We called house keeping service, but they couldn't fix the problem, and there was no alternative room for us to change that night. The hotel manager promised to change room for us the next day, and asked us to bring down luggage in the morning; however, no one seemed to be aware of this the next morning, and they asked us to come and change after we finished our day tour. We went back around 530pm, and there was still no room changed for us, and we had to fight for a non-smoking room which was our original requirement…
A tip for guests staying in the hotel is that you need to check the room facilities once you get into your room. Otherwise, you'd be like us, not finding out the lighting problem till we were about to sleep and it was too late to have alternative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Resort Jiuzhai Paradise is an intimate upcountry retreat nestled high in the mountains. The unique design is reminiscent of an ancient city protected under a glass atrium, marrying the exquisite interior with the bewitching natural beauty outside. With more than 1,100 rooms, the hotel is the largest in the region and perfect for leisure travellers seeking comfort and solitude. The province is home to a stunning array of calcified pools and the picturesque meadows of Ganhaizi (Dry Sea), just 20 kilometres (12.5 miles) away, are not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and IHG so you can book your InterContinental Resort Jiuzhai Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort Jiuzhai Paradise Hotel Jiuzhaigou County
- Intercontinental Jiuzhai Paradise
- Intercontinental Hotel Jiuzhaigou