I'm so glad I booked this hotel from 1-7 Nov 2013. It was snowing and the scene was incredibly beautiful and surreal. The hotel is HUGE and very cold during winter. However, there are lots of retail stores to purchase warm clothing and shoes (in case you came ill prepared).
The room is beautiful, huge and spacious with plenty of pillow choices. Heater in the room was adequate. The restaurant is huge and great food selection. However, go for breakfast early as it gets crowed very quickly.
Didn't have a chance to visit the spa (hot spring) this time but I will definitely try it next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Resort Jiuzhai Paradise is an intimate upcountry retreat nestled high in the mountains. The unique design is reminiscent of an ancient city protected under a glass atrium, marrying the exquisite interior with the bewitching natural beauty outside. With more than 1,100 rooms, the hotel is the largest in the region and perfect for leisure travellers seeking comfort and solitude. The province is home to a stunning array of calcified pools and the picturesque meadows of Ganhaizi (Dry Sea), just 20 kilometres (12.5 miles) away, are not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your InterContinental Resort Jiuzhai Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort Jiuzhai Paradise Hotel Jiuzhaigou County
- Intercontinental Jiuzhai Paradise
- Intercontinental Hotel Jiuzhaigou