“Walking distance to JZG scenic park” 4 of 5 stars

Pengfeng Village, Zhangzha Town, Jiuzhaigou County, China   |
Ranked #4 of 151 Hotels in Jiuzhaigou County
4.0 of 5 stars 5 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
“Walking distance to JZG scenic park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My family of 4 stayed a total of 3 nights at Jiuxiang Hotel for our side trip to JZG.

We stayed in 2 twin rooms booked thru booking.com. Reception staff is pleasant and helpful - though most don't understand English ( we can speak Mandarin ). The reception helped to arrange a driver/car for us for our JZG to Huanglong to Songpan part of the trip for 500 RMB (vehicle provided is a 6 seater mini van - spacious and pleasant journey with driver waiting to pick us up after our visit to Huanglong).

Hotel is about 15-20 min walk to park entrance, which is the deciding factor for us to stay here. Room is clean and came with usual toiletries (toothbrush/paste; comb; body soap/shampoo; slippers) and 24-hr hot water supply for shower. The air conditioner can be adjusted for cool and warm air - which is great as it was rather cold at night.

Take note that hotel does not have a lift - you will have to lug your luggage up the stairs. One can ask for breakfast to be served at their ground floor eating outlet - only from 7 am onwards. As we did not eat there, I am not able to comment on the food review.

There are eating places and supermarkets in the area surrounding the hotel - which is convenient for us. We arranged with a helpful staff of a nearby restaurant to serve us breakfast at 6 am in the morning as we wanted to be at the park entrance at 7 am. Good service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing the main road if you need a quiet room to sleep as it can be noisy from the passing vehicles (hotel is located on the main road).

We had a pleasant stay at Jiuxiang Hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I wanted to come to visit Jiuzhaigou National Park for a winter visit but i was aware it can be very very cold here - and so i particularly wanted a place with heating/that i wouldnt be suffering the cold at and also had good wifi in the room - and not having to sit in a lobby with my laptop etc - and also was located in a handy spot as it sounded like many of the hotels were a long way away (the LP had a guesthouse Zhou Ma's that sounded good but thats 10km out of town, with no heating and i was thinking of catching an early morning bus from Jiuzhaigou back to Chengdu when i left - or an afternoon flight and have a taxi take me to Huanlong on the way so wanted to be somewhere handy too).

REading around the reviews many of the high rating hotels and acommodation still had bad reviews - complaints of poor heating, poor cleanliness, poor wifi, disinterested staff etc - even the expensive places.
TA's reviews often transfer to booking.com for the booking side of things and there are reviews there as well - one hotel that didnt have much in the way of reviews here on TA rated very high at booking.com (Jiuzhaigou Renmin Business hotel so i was keen to stay there but there i also found Jiuxiang hotel with a recent review from a guy in the USA saying this place had good heating and very helpful management. Renmin Business hotel then got brand new reviews from customers who had just stayed and said the heating and hot water had been nonexistent and the staff had not sorted the problems - also that some hotels with Englsh names online had Chinese names in reality that unless you got the Chinese name in characters with you youd be stuck.

I flew off to Jiuzhaigou - no buses on as they said because it was still CNYear holidays and as i met 2 Australians at the same time we shared a taxi for 400 yuan and headed to the 2 hotels my choice was down to. Sure enough my taxi driver didnt have a clue about Jiuzhaigou Renmin business hotel and as i had their number on my phone he had to ring them to work out who they were. When we got there they were really useless - to show them booking.com's special offer and why id chosen to go to them i had my laptop and couldnt even get onto their wifi because only half the password would fit in for the username they said it was and they kept saying it was all correct! No english whatsoever and no ability to understand the situation.

My driver took me over to the Jiuxiang hotel and what lovely and so obliging and friendly family of people - they had no english whatsoever either but they made the effort to understand my Chinese and despite their normal price being a lot higher than booking.com's offer they went ahead with giving me a good discount for the 3 nights.

Good wifi in the room - they even have the flatscreen tvs set up with keyboard so you can use the tv for tv, satelitte channels and for internet. They gave me a room with an excellent huge very comfortable bed with an excellent electric blanket on it. The room had an air con unit that strangely, noticed in a number of hotels ive stayed at, is placed right up against the far wall and the hot air that comes out goes all to the windows and far wall and doesnt circulate around the room....so the rest of the room and bathroom was quite chilly but the excellent shower with great hot water and the electric blanket and electric kettle to boil water to make my own hot drinks more than made up for it.

They were very happy to answer all my questions about good or best places to eat around the village for traditional food, whether to catch the bus back to Chengdu or to take the plane (they recommended the bus to enjoy the scenery - which turned out to be incredible - but get a seat on the right side of the bus) where to find the bus station, whether the night entertainment was good or not (they said no they wouldnt want people staying in their hotel to go and get ripped off at a commercial thing just to make money out of tourists) and they organised a taxi to get to my early 8am bus.
I couldnt work the tv to get the stations etc (esp for the winter olympics) and no probs to come and cheerfully sort all that for me.

No breakfast during this offpeak period but i was very happy to stay here - and only 10-15 minutes walk down to the entrance of the National Park (where most of the service people are quite rude and disinterested so it really helps to have accommodaion with friendly people to come home to!!)

Room Tip: As i was staying 3 nights and to make me feel specially treated they said to me they were choosing t...