Let's get the pro's of the hotels out of the way, since they are few:
* Location: it is within sight and easy walking distance of the entrance to Jiuzhaiguo National Park
* Price: it is relatively cheap (220Y/night)
Now the bad, the worse, and the ugly:
* Every room we saw had something that didn't work, whether it's the air conditioning, the toilet, or something else.
* The lobby and the rooms were unkempt: wallpapers were peeling; linens had holes in them; carpet had stains; bathrooms in particular were grungy: the shower head was grimey, and I really don't want to mention the smell that we had to deal with in the morning. I saw someone hawk and spit in the lobby, and no one else seemed to bat an eye.
* The services were very limited: no soap, shampoo, conditioner, and toiletries. (We brought our own shampoo/conditioner and toiletries but had to buy soap in the lobby shop). The hot water only runs between 8:30pm and 12am. No elevators (though there are only four floors so not really a big deal), and the lights over the staircase was often not on. We stayed 2 nights, and on the second day realized that to this hotel making up the bed consists of pulling the rumpled bedspread over the bed.
Overall, I would not stay in this hotel again, even with its relatively cheap price. (In fact, we moved out of the hotel early because we just couldn't stand it any more.)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA so you can book your Jiuzhaigou Scenic Area Administration Heye Guests Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.