We booked this hotel for 3 nights after reading Tripadvisor's rating and reviews. The reception staff do not speak English but I have sufficient Mandarin to get check-in. Even though I booked through eLong, foreign credit cards are not accepted. China Construction Bank is located 1 km away at the He Ye Hotel next to the National Park entrance and China Agricultural Bank is slightly closer to the hotel. Both banks will accept Western bank cards for withdrawing money. Turn right when you leave the hotel. They are about a 15 minute walk.
1. Plenty of hotwater 24 hours
2. Location, 15 minutes to park entrance
3. Near restaurants (no restaurant in hotel)
1. Poor condition of the hotel
2. Dirty hallways
3. No daily cleaning or change of towels even though we asked for it.
4. Hard mattress
1. Condition of bathroom – mold, sewage like smell
2. Price – not worth 750RMB per night. We were there in the high season and cannot find another hotel.
The Jiuzhaigou Park is stunning. Get there at 7AM or you will be with the crowds. We took the bus to the end of its route at Sword Rock and walked down. This hike is about 5 hours including plenty of stops for photography. We then took the bus to Long Lake and use the bus to see the 3 sights. This took about 2 hours.
We also went to Huanglong for the afternoon the next day and the vistas were different. The lower pools are more spectacular then the pools right at the top. Be prepared for altitude sickness here. We took a Chinese herb in tablet form. The herb is Rhodolia Rosea and it seems to work.
We had Sichuan Hot Pot in a restaurant near the hotel. It was very good and we paid about 70RMB for two. The next night we had Sichuan food in a restaurant near the Hot Pot restaurant . 3 dishes and rice cost 65RMB