“Wonderful place to eat!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Savannah Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 830 Restaurants in Birmingham
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 39th Street South
iluvwi
“Wonderful place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

The food is wonderful, the wine excellent, and the atmosphere is so pleasant.  Try their set menus for neighborhood nights during the summer.  It is just a lovely romantic place to enjoy an evening with someone special.

Homewood, AL
“Cramped, pricey but still good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

Small dining room and expensive but different than the run of the mill offerings.

Birmingham, AL
“Great choice to ring in the New Year!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

My wife booked our New Years Eve dinner here based on a friends recommendation. We arrived early so we ordered a drink from the bar, I had a Dirty Martini which was extremely salty...so I was prepared for a less than stellar meal.
Our choice was the Four Course Menu with wine pairings, I had Thai Coconut Shrimp & Gulf Crab Bisque w/Wild Chive Oil and my wife started with Braised Lamb Shoulder, Kale & Barley Stew w/Jameson Irish Whiskey.
Second Course I had Butter Basted Scallop & Monkfish Medallions, Truffle Yukon Gnocchi and Bacon-Braised Napa Cabbage, my wife chose the Braised Georgia Rabbit, Butternut, Orecchiette, Pine Nuts and Arugula Pesto...even better than the first course.
Third I decided to try the Natural Beef Tenderloin, Veal Sweetbreads, Watercress and Foie Gras Demi Glace...all I can say is YUMMY!!! my wife went with the Pecan Smoked Duck Breast, Port Poached Pears, Greens, and Satsuma-Muscadine Wine Reduction. While she enjoyed it she said my Filet was better.
Unfortunately Little Savannahs weakness would be their desserts...wish we had skipped them.
The price was high considering the wine selections and pour size...if we did it again we'd probably bring our own wine...I really don't understand the thinking of a restaurant more than doubling the price of a bottle of wine, that would otherwise enhance the meal (at a better cost).
The other issue was service...every time we received our course, we had to wait for the wine which was delivered by our waitress...in one instance after our second course arrived we asked another server to find our waitress...who eventually showed with our wine.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, Alabama
“Fresh, local, and Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

This is a great spot in a cozy neighborhood! You can definitely tell that this spot takes pride in the food they make. They always use the freshest ingredients, i have never been disappointed. I also love that they usually have a very good unique beer on tap!

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
goffmag
“Excellent experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our first dining experience at Little Savannah. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised with $5 drink specials with it being the 3rd Friday of the night. We had a drink at the bar and were seated in the cozy dining room. The Veal Paillard was unbelievable, and my boyfriend's duck was excellent as well. We will definitely be returning to Little Savannah!

• Visited November 2011