“What the hell is going on.......” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Birmingham

You added Days Inn Birmingham to your Saves list
Days Inn Birmingham
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1485 Montgomery Highway, I-65 EXIT # 252, Birmingham, AL 35216 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #61 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
“What the hell is going on.......”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I walk into the hotel a walked into an awful fool smelling place. The desk clerk was very nice but, she seemed not all there. The rooms are piss poor I asked to be transferred to another room then I get an upgrade as I was informed but, it wasn't an upgrade unless you call a room the smelled like a cat sprayed it an upgrade. Then I went to the pool there was no towels there. The breakfast I was told was god awful but, I did get a phone call in my room telling me that I won a free night but I was told it was a scam the manager told another guest so I'm never staying here again. So my over all stay here was messed up I hope they close this location down and everyone gets a real wake up call because I never felt like I was going to be killed in my sleep until I stayed there. Please someone tell me is this the new standard of hotels now a days!

• Stayed July 2013
daysinn_vh, Director of Sales at Days Inn Birmingham, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am sad to know about your stay and am trying to understand how to tell ALL WORLD
HOTEL GUESTS "Please do not give PERSONAL INFO" on phone to any one without
making sure who is on the other end no matter what they say." LOTS OF STRANGE
PEOPLE CALL HOTELS AND JUST DAIL ROOM # AND GET LUCY with a talking guest.
Please be aware this is now HIGH TECH GENERATION.
However we have removed our phone from auto mode and now someone will have to ask
room # by name.
We did treat those rooms with good smell to remove pet odour.
Sincerely Saby Chander

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Troy, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Horrible is an understatement. Upon arrival we were given keys to a room and told to park near door 3 because it would be closer to the room. We went in and there is a stench. We got on the elevator and there is a musty smell. Got to the room and it wasn't all bad. Until we realized the patio door wouldn't close or lock.

We packed up our stuff went back to the front desk to tell them and was told that we were supposed to put a STICK in it to keep it closed. Unacceptable. So they gave us keys to room #2. We walked through the hotel and along the baseboards on the walls were like 50million ants. The whole hotel smelled moldy. When we finally reached the room, it was dark & musty. I started looking up alternative hotels on my phone, because we were not trying to stay.

We went back down to the front desk and told them we could OT stay in that room either and she was going to give us a smoking room. My friend was there for medical testing we told her that a smoking room and all the stinky rooms they tried to give us were unacceptable. So she gave us a key and told us to try this third room. Brightly lit and no smells. I wondered who they saved this room for normally. It was super clean and had no issues. So we decided to stay.

I need some consistency...but for the most part, though we ended up with a decent room, this place sucks!!!

Room Tip: If you have to stay, complain until they make it right.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
daysinn_vh, Director of Sales at Days Inn Birmingham, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking time to explain us about your stay.You must have asked for the cheapest
room in the hotel and complained your way to get the Business Upgraded Room for the
cheapest economy room price.We appologize for your inconvenience and you deserved
the Upgrade.Please we are not a HOLIDAY INN but the 2nd Best as DAYS INN.
We promise to provide THE BEST VALUE UNDER THE SUN.
sicily
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is an older hotel. Kind of run down. Needs tlc. Halls and rooms smell stale. Pool was nice and area has lots of food, stores, etc. Some questionable guests but I didn't feel unsafe. Would I stay again? In a pinch and if I was low on funds.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for letting us know about your stay and i do accept that this is an older hotel
that have been rennovated 90 percent and still contant TENDER LOVING CARE is
needed and soon rest of it will also get in complition of the rennovation.We suggest
try NEW BUSINESS king or Queen rooms....They cost little bit more but have new
mattress,new carpet and many new things and even flat screen TV.
How ever we promise to provide The Best Value Under The SUN.
Thank You For your support.
Daphne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Experienced continued problems w/ door key cards not functioning. Had to change rooms after checking in due to this. Room had a stale odor to it.No channel guide for reference to use while watching TV. Housekeeping kept it clean, had plenty of towels and air conditioner worked well. Hallways were a little dirty and smelled like stale cigarette smoke. Front desk staff was very friendly, courteous and helpful.I stayed 3 nights and received 20% off so overall, I'm not complaining except for keycard issue was annoying.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to let me know about your stay.I am going to talk to key card expert
to see what causes the problems so that we can rectify all common issues with key cards.
The corridors smell is constantly sprayed with fabreaz to give the fresh smell.I suppose unruly
smokers must be leaving their tobacco smell.
However i am going to try my best to rectify your mentioned things.Thanks to you , now I
know.
Winder
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Ok room, cked in late after midnight, no discount for late ck in. Very dated but for a business traveler needing only a shower and a bed it was ok.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinn_vh, Director of Sales at Days Inn Birmingham, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for letting us know about your stay.Yes our hotel is an old hotel and have
UPDATED many things like Bathrooms,Textured walls,new carpets in corridors and
rooms,still working on updating furniture in some rooms and some rooms that are
called BUSINESS ROOMS have flat screen TV,new mattress,new linen and ofcourse
ALL rooms have micro and refrigerators,coffee makers,hair dryers ,iron and iron boards.
Please TRY BUSINESS UPDATED ROOMS FOR A LITTLE MORE COST.You will like it.
Sincerely Saby Chander

Been to Days Inn Birmingham? Share your experiences!