“The worst hotel I've ever stayed at!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Birmingham

You added Days Inn Birmingham to your Saves list
Days Inn Birmingham
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1485 Montgomery Highway, I-65 EXIT # 252, Birmingham, AL 35216 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #61 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
“The worst hotel I've ever stayed at!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011 via mobile

This place is bad! Never been anywhere worse. I would avoid this place at all costs! I had to stay here due to no other option available. Please don't make the same mistake I did. Too many cons to list. Only pro is they allow pets.

• Stayed April 2011
qualityinnbirmingham, Webmaster at Days Inn Birmingham, responded to this review, September 9, 2011

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• The manager was approached with your review and a study was done to see what could be done to improve our establishment in an overall way. I’m glad that our policy of allowing pets is a plus for you.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Brentwood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

I have stayed here before and came back, it is good value for the price and is located right off the interstate. Good breakfast, clean room though a little dated. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
daysinn_vh, Director of Sales at Days Inn Birmingham, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking time to let us know about our performance.We always love to serve
guests with friendly southern services.
I also would like to inform you that we are costantly updating our hotel with new things
and still give the Best Value under The SUN.
Dacula, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

I stayed at this hotel and I am looking back on staying there again this summer. I noticed the pool and it looks like it will make a fun day. I have to say the people working there are very friendly and helpful. Has a good location easy to get anywhere. Breakfast was great too.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to let us know how we are performing.We always love to serve
our guests with friendly southern services.
I would like to inform you that we are constatly updating our hotel with new improovements
so that we can provide the Best Value Under The SUN.
Traverse City, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

We stayed here in 2010 and it was a mess then, and when we made our reservations for this year, we forgot how bad it was. This time we intend to make a note to ourselves for future reference to avoid this place at all costs. It was undergoing much need remodeling last year and it looked pretty much the same this year (with the remodeling still ongoing). The other reviews are not exaggerated. The property really needs A LOT of work to even come up to mediocre. Avoid it like the plague--I know we will.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. We have been doing an extensive amount of remodeling in order to give our valued guests the best place to
stay that we can afford.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010 via mobile

I'm sorry. (Had a wonderful stay at the Calera AL Quality Inn one night later, so this is an objective review.) This motel on Hwy 31 in Vestavia Hills is a disaster. Scary. Run down. There's only one thing that could help it... a wrecking ball. Do yourself a favor: stay ANYWHERE else.

• Stayed October 2010

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• The different branches of our establishment were approached for meetings of what they could do to improve their particular contributions.

New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

I was staying on the Choice Hotels rewards program so me and a trucker with a Santa Claus beard got relegated to the rooms behind door #1. Far, far from the office. Use of the security key was not necessary to open door number one. Room was tiniest hotel room I think I've ever seen. It had one working light bulb in the room. Couldn't find the TV remote, maybe it was to dark. Note to self : travel with a flashlight. Bed not bad but not really fully made up either. Bathroom not bad and the light worked. TV channel information did not correspond with channel showing on the screen. Ice machine was close to my room but then it wasn't working. They just put it there to jack me around. Hamburger joint down the street wasn't very good either. I blame the hotel. I didn't complain to anybody cause I wanted to unload over the internet.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was notified of the problem you experienced with the lock on door number one and instructed to see to it that the lock is repaired so that it will require the key to be opened.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the TV and instructed to see to it that the problem is resolved.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem with the ice machine and instructed to see to its repair.

I am sorry that you choose not to complain to anyone, we would have gladly done our best to resolve your problems. We want our valued guests to have as enjoyable stays with us as possible.

Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

This has to be the worst experience I have ever experienced with a Quality Inn. If I had not been so tired and it had not been so late, I would have demanded my money back and I would have left.

I try to mainly stay at Quality Inn because of the quality of service I receive. But, this was a mistake at this location. We got there fairly early with the kids so they could wind down and enjoy the pool. The pool was closed. The water was green. It does not get that way overnight. I found out that It was closed by the Health Department. The A/C would not work on high. It got to 97 degrees that day. When my wife called about it, they did nothing. She called 4 times.
There were no sheets for the sofa bed in the room. I called for them. After waiting an hour, I walked down and got them myself. When I got there, there were pizza boxes EVERYWHERE. I guess that was more important then my sheets.
The so called deluxe hot breakfast was a joke. The waffle iron did not work. They had cold eggs & sausage. The manager working the front desk really did not care.
The staff at night and during the morning were very unprofessional.

This place is a joke.

I will stay at a Motel 6 before I stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Management was approached about when the pool would be back in service.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

• All staff members including management received extra training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Days Inn Birmingham? Share your experiences!