“Gotta love this place.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
Baltimore, Maryland
“Gotta love this place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel then changed to other lodgings to be with friends. Then I changed back to this one because I just couldn't get all the amenities they had here at the other place. Turns out other people I knew are staying here, too, so I learned my lesson.
First thing - hot breakfast. Not just Danish and OJ, but eggs and bacon and cereals and fruit and fresh waffles. Just what I need to start the day.
Then there are the rooms. They must have just upgraded this place because I haven't see this many conveniences anywhere else. The desk is double the size of other desks, and has a power strip built into the desk frame. No need for a tangle of extension cords, I could plug my phone and laptop and iPad all into a strip on the desk. And there are sockets built into the lamp for other equipment. And a bright lamp on the desk and bedside - none of those old dim bulbs.
The bed, of course, suits me to a tee.
I am very happy that I checked out of the other lodgings and came back here for the rest of my conference.

Room Tip: There is a freeway nearby, so if you don't want to hear traffic noise ask for a courtyard room o...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I always stay with Marriott when I travel for work. The rooms and the staff are always consistent. While staying in Birmingham there was a fire and I had an u
uncomfortable interaction with a male guest. The staff went out of their way to resolve the issue and make me feel safe. I cannot express the extent of my gratitude for their care and concern. It was more than just doing their job! They also handled the fire quickly and efficiently. Nina was awesome under pressure! Thank you to all of the staff especially Latasha, Nina and Andrew! I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

My husband and I and another couple went to Alabama for the Nascar Race. Hotel rates during a race can skyrocket. We found that the 2 bedroom room rate was very reasonable here. The room was nice. Had a common living area (with a fireplace) and full kitchen and each bedroom had it's own bathroom. The room was nice, my only suggestion would be that for a room that sleeps 4-5 people it might be nice to have a dinner table or bar that seats 4 too (the table only sat 3).

The included breakfast was nice as well with a decent selection of foods and beverages. The grounds were awesome with a nice pool, spa and a basketball court.

There were quite a few nearby restaurants and stores as well within a very short distance.

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jack S, Manager at Residence Inn Birmingham Homewood, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your suite and our convenience to local restaurants. We hope you and your friends enjoyed the NASCAR race and look forward to seeing you again next year.
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Spent a Friday night at the Residence Inn Homewood prior to a Preview Day at Samford with my daughter. We used Marriott points for a 1 bedroom suite. The front desk staff was very friendly. Nina checked us in and was very helpful providing local information and more. Room was spotless and very comfortable. Room was quiet and we got a good night's sleep. Lots of options for breakfast in the morning (although we hit Starbucks before our campus meetings). Will definitely return if ever in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jack S, Manager at Residence Inn Birmingham Homewood, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Greetings Momvold!
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your great feedback. I will share your wonderful comments with Nina and our entire staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Best of luck with your daughters college selection!! Go BULLDOGS! :-)

Jack "Andrew" Smith
Assistant General Manager
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Enjoyed the ambiance. Felt very much at home. Ample parking and lovely room with 2 flat screens. Nice breakfast and good coffee. Especially tasty eggs! Quick checkin and positive staff at the front desk. Gave us good dinner suggestions nearby.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Greetings HonduranHoustans!
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate all your great feedback! We hope you will stay with us on your next visit to Birmingham!

Safe travels!
Jack "Andrew" Smith
Assistant General Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott Homewood for a week. The suites were generously sized and very clean. A full breakfast was available every morning with different selections. From Mon.-Thurs. nights, there was a manager's reception with finger food...enough to make a light dinner. The staff was exceptionally polite and eager to help or answer questions. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Lawton, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel is one of my many homes away from home and I love the hospitality and they just renovated the rooms and it's better than ever. The location is off the freeway allowing access to numerous venues. There are also restaurants and shopping located within walking distance. I would rate the hotel as excellent but the renovations are still going on and there is still some clutter. Great place overall though.

Room Tip: During the summer it's best to stay on the outer wall rooms, the pool can get a bit noisy at nig...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Birmingham Homewood? Share your experiences!