“Stranded in a storm” 5 of 5 stars

Trussville, Alabama
“Stranded in a storm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Good morning Mr. Marshall,

I would like to drop you a note about your outstanding staff you have at the above mentioned hotel. Not sure where you are located, but I am sure you have heard on the news as well as your employees mentioning how bad is was all across the south as well as the BHM area.

I was trying to get home Tuesday night & went about 1 mile in 90 minutes on 459North. As it was getting dark – I knew I did not want to be in the car after dark & then forced to walk some place in the dark.

So about 1630 – I made the way over to your hotel after leaving the car on the side of the highway. It was probably about 2 mile walk & was not prepared.

Enough of my story – your folks were AMAZING! The names that I was able to gather were Whitney Davis, Lissette Burski, Melony Thomas & Joe Williams. I am sure that are others who were there – but that is all I got. I am not sure what their responsibilities are at your place – but all kicked in to make it manageable. They were handling tons of calls (I am sure it was all the same question – any rooms?), people coming off the street, sharing any information they had & just helping anyway they can.

Anyways – please thank your staff for taking care of us during a very difficult time! They deserve a little bit extra in their pay check!

Joe Slevin

Room Tip: If you are looking for a place to stay & know you will be taken care of not matter the situation...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Hampton Inn C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn - Colonnade, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Joe S, thank you for taking time to share your recent expereince!! We appreciate you and look forward to having you back under much more pleasent circumstances!

Whitney Davis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Elon College, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I got caught in the ice storm that hit the South at the end of January in 2014, outside of Birmingham, Alabama. After driving one mile in three hours I called it a day, exited off of the ice-laden roads and parked on the shoulder. I walked a mile in the freezing ice and snow and found the Hampton Inn where Manager Joe Williams made me (and hundreds of other guests) right at home. I found a place in the lobby where I sat with two wonderful women, while Joe routinely came by to check on us, offering us blankets, pillows, and any other service we might require. The weather was terrible, but Joe (and the Hampton) was perfect. I highly recommend it for its level of quality, service, and home-like atmosphere. Enjoy!

Room Tip: The rooms were all full, but in case of an ice storm the lobby is more than comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
SneedM, thank you for sharing your recent experience! We are most pleased that you enjoyed your time with us even during the winter weather!
Please know that you are welcome here anytime!!!

Hospitably,

spanish fort, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Hotel was comfortable; pleasant staff. The bathroom could have been cleaner. Hilton Honors makes check-in extremely easy and efficient! I can usually count on the consistency of Hamptons, regardless of where I go.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Harrogate, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stopped here for a one night stay. Walked in and the coffee service in the lobby was dirty, coffee old and barely warm, trash overflowing, and out of some items. Told the desk clerk and he got right on it. Checked in and went to our room. Window had bugs, alive and dead, and was very dirty on he inside, bathroom mirrior had toothpaste flecks all over it, hair was on the floor behind the bathroom door, and when I touched the tissue holder it fell off the wall. Moved to room 2 and was given a $15 gift card as an apology. That was an unexpected and nice touch. Same thing with dirty windows and bathroom mirrors and there was hair on the bed on both sides. Went to front desk and asked for the manager. She listened and said if the thrird room was not ok she would ake care of the bill. Made me feel a bit like she though I was being a mooch. Went to room 3. Pulled back the sheets and there were yellow stains on them. Enough for me. Went to the front desk, returned their gift card, told them I wanted to cancel the room. The clerk went and told the manager but she never stepped around the corner to talk to us. I told them I did not want a free room, I wanted a clean one and that i no longer had any confidence in their ability to provide that. Clerk called some other Hilton family hotels in the area and found where there were available rooms. I see some good reports on this hotel but it was certainly not my experiance.

Room Tip: Choose one in another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Hampton Inn C, General Manager at Hampton Inn - Colonnade, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I do understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel and more specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Lissette
Roanoke, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Good central location to Birmingham, very clean and quiet, friendly staff. Outside lighting very good, felt secure. Shopping and restaurants nearby, made for an enjoyable trip to Alabama. Would definitely use this hotel on my next trip to Birmingham.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

nashville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have stayed here a hundred times. Wonderful, accommodating staff. Good facility. Convenient location. Good for business traveler. Quiet. Breakfast is excellent. Healthy and wholesome. Rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton Inn C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn - Colonnade, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Michael M, thank you so very much for taking the time to review our hotel! We truly appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn Birmingham-Colonnade when you travel! We look forward to having you back with us soon!!!

Hospitably,

Atlanta, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I did check out one day early but I told the front desk clerk and was still billed for the additional night. Other than that this property was good. The staff was good with the exception of the clerk that didn't check me out.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn - Colonnade? Share your experiences!