“We were very comfortable at our stay at Howard Johnsons...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Birmingham

You added Howard Johnson Inn Birmingham to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Birmingham
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   275 Oxmoor Road, I-65 Exit 256B, Birmingham, AL 35209-4705   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #66 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I needed a place to stay while some major renovations were being done at my apartment. The price was right and it was close to work. I really wasn't expecting much for the price, but the rooms were good and it was a quiet stay. Desk staff was good. My first room had a smell to it, like smoke but when I talked to the guy at the desk they moved me right away. I don't eat breakfast, but I saw that it was offered to those who wanted it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Milton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I saw 2 boys in the next room exchanging $ for drugs. I requested a room change & got the 2nd floor because the bottom floor was booked. Dads disabled & was very upset to find out there were rooms available.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Hannah_Johanna, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Birmingham, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
We are very sorry you were not happy with your room change. We try and keep our guests on the floor of their preference, however, due to the upgrades to some of our rooms not all rooms on a floor are available for guest use. If you do not receive adequate assistance, ask to speak to a manager and we will work to make things right.
Sherman, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I spend Monday through Friday traveling the US for my job and stay in the Wyndham Reward chain motels in which Howard Johnson is a member. Since I have a budget I try to get the best deal I can. It didn't work out this time. The young man at the desk needs some training in customer service. Along with the skeleton rings and not looking me in the eye, he was short with my requests and unwilling to help. Should have stayed next door and the 8...Next time I will.

Room Tip: Always ask for a strong internet signal. Ask where the routers are and ask for a room next to it. Th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hannah_Johanna, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Birmingham, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
We are very sorry to hear that your experience with us was not up to your standards. Our Howard Johnson always tries to make our guests feel as welcome as possible. If at any time you have an issue with your stay please feel free to contact a manager and the issue will be addressed. We would love to have you back again and show you how guests are valued at our Howard Johnson

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Birmingham? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn Birmingham

Address: 275 Oxmoor Road, I-65 Exit 256B, Birmingham, AL 35209-4705
Location: United States > Alabama > Birmingham
Ranked #66 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn Birmingham 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Express Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
Howard Johnson Birmingham
Birmingham Howard Johnson

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Inn Birmingham, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.