“One of Friendliest and Cleanest” 5 of 5 stars

Days Inn - Birmingham
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   905 11th Court West, Birmingham, AL 35204   |
Ranked #65 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
Rocky Mount, Virginia, United States
“One of Friendliest and Cleanest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

As an over trucker I have the pleasure of staying in a multiple of different Hotel and Motels across the country. Days Inn in Bvirmingham Al has been one of the friendliest and cleanest that I have found in a long time. All members of the staff are polite helpful and very happy go lucky at least they seam to all be happy at work that is. The General Manager Mr. Sakari is extremely helpful and has an open door policy to his guest and can be seen working on the rooms or properties at anytime.

Room Tip: Very quite at night not a lot of traffic after about 9pm was there for about a week or lil longer an...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Guin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My trip to U.A.B hospital. I stay at Days inn Birmingham it is very convenient, reasonable price in this area room was clean & smell fresh breakfast was good with hot waffle. Easy to access from hwy. the pool was clean, desk Clark was helpful

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Wish I would have read these reviews first.

I was bitten several times by bedbugs while staying. I noticed a line of bits on my foot after resting in the bed and watching the Olympics. At first I did not think anything about it, but then several bugs crawl over my chest across the sheets. I lifted my pillow and found several more bugs.
I jumped out of bed and told my family we were leaving the hotel. I went to the front desk. I told them I wanted a refund, that the room had bed bugs and I would not stay the night. Ravi, the front desk attendant, said no at first, but then called someone on the phone. He spoke to them. I could not understand what he said, he was not speaking English, but I did understand the word “bedbug.” At that point he hung up and told me that I would not be charged. He never apologized.
I went back to my room. Upon my return, my family showed me many more bugs. They were on both beds and on some of our clothes and the pillows we brought with us. I took both still pictures and videos of the bugs at this point.
I went back to the front desk and asked for some trash bags so we could seal the infected clothes and pillows in them until we had a chance to disinfect them. He refused. I asked again. I told me to “get out” and that I had already caused “trouble.” I told him that the hotel had bed bugs and that I was not the cause of the trouble. I asked him again for a trash bag. He told me he did not have any.
I pointed to the trashcan in the lobby. I said, “You have a trash can right there.” He said that he did not have a trash bag for me and for me to “get out.”
I asked if I could speak to the manager. He said, “NO.” I picked up the lobby card. I picked up the pen. I asked him for his name. He grabbed the pen from my hand and wrote “Ravi” on it. I called the number on the card. It rang at the front desk. He told me to leave.
I told him this was the worst customer service I had ever received. He told me I was the worst customer he had ever had. He then turned, walked into the back room and extended his middle finger to me.
I turned on the voice recorder on my phone. I asked him again for a trash bag. He came out of the office and told me he would not help me and to leave. It was very forceful and very ugly. I have kept the recording.
I went to the door to go back to my room. I stopped at the trashcan and removed the trash bag liner. It had a few pieces of paper in it. I dumped them into the trashcan and took the bag.
Ravi, upon seeing this came out from around the desk and tried to grab the bag from my hands. He told me that I could not have the bag. He tried to stop me from going back to my room.
He then walked out ahead of me and stepped into my room and demanded that I give him the bag back. I told him I had to put my infected clothes in it.
My two sons came to the front of the room and he backed away. As he walked away he yelled at me twice, “Suck my d**k,” which my son heard.

I called the 800 number for Days Inn and was told that customer service was not available.

Room Tip: No room is the best room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Winnsboro, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I will never,ever stay here again. This hotel is located in a bad part of town,but of course all of Birmingham seems pretty bad to me. We left after coming back from our daughter's Tae Kwan Do tournament and seeing black men on top of cars in the parking lot and black girls standing around. The air conditioner did not work and the room smelled like vinegar. When we told staff that the air conditioner was not working properly then they were less than concerned. When we checked out after fearing for our lives the staff said we could not get our money back and they were not sympathetic at all. The picture is very decpetive.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Warner Robins, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Don't let the pictures fool you. Hotel is in a very bad neighborhood. Our room was $90.00 a night which is robbery. Room was filthy and smelled of foul body odorous and cigarette smoke.
Room was suppose to be non smoking but evidence of cigarette ashes were on the nasty bathroom floor. Tv remote did not work and neither did the wireless Internet. We called the front desk and was told " Internet works for me". This hotel should remove the Days Inn name and reduce the price to $19.99 a night or $5.00 an hour go accommodate the local lady of the night economy. Mattress had a plastic protector very uncomfortable. STAY AWAY.

Room Tip: Stay Away from this one.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Tyler, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed here as part of a 30 day rail journey. This place looks much nicer from the outside than it actually is:

One good thing-a nice but high carb only breakfast is offered.

Stool noted on door frame going into the bathroom
Dirty carpets, the housekeeping staff does not move the light furniture to vacuum so dust and filth just accumulates( aggravated my allergies)
Pillows had obvious yellow drool stains
Non-American owned
A/C unit was not cooling the room as it should
Front desk/owner would not permit me to check out 1 hr later.

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I would not tell my worst enemy to stay here. It is by far the worst hotel I have stayed at in a very long time. The manager and desk clerk Shawna are the rudest people I beleive I have ever talked to. Shawna puts you on hold and never comes back to the phone. I drive a tractor/ Trailer for a living and I was cheated out of my wynham rewards points because they put it down as not being able to collect rewards. There parking lot is so small that you can barely get into it. The vending machines are broke and take your money and they will NOT refund your any of your money. So if you are coming through Birmingham keep going DO NOT STOP HERE you will regret it.

Room Tip: Go to some other motel REALLY
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn - Birmingham? Share your experiences!