“Excellent customer service... nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Riverchase Parkway East, Birmingham, AL 35244   |
Ranked #18 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
“Excellent customer service... nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel could use an updating but the front desk lady at night was so super nice and friendly... our room was clean and fairly comfy... the carpet was worn but had a really cool and fun textured pattern... pool is beautiful and very clean... nice stay... no complaints from us...

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The building needs renovating, the room was outdated and had things that didn't work, such as the lights, the ac leaked and the room smelled moldy, the bathtub was brown and stained, there wasn't anything special about the room except a place to lay out heads.

Room Tip: If you stay here make sure it's on the 1st floor. We were put on the 4th floor and my husband h...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

looks like it was a nice hotel at some point in time. Somewhat run down, but the room was clean and the beds were comfy.
We travel with dogs, so we try to stay at La Quintas because of the no-pet fee. This was not one
of their best kept hotels, and would not have stayed if I had not had my two large dogs.
A/C did not get cold!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Woodbridge, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel back in Februry 2013 as I was flying out the next day and wanted to be near the airport. When I walked in the lobby, I knew this place was a dump. I checked in and when I got to my room, I immediately went back down to the front desk and told the desk clerk I was not pleased with my room nor the condition of the hotel. I told her I was going to ride around and see if I could find another hotel. Unfortunately, all hotels in the area were booked and I had to go back to Laquinta. Carpet was dirty; elevator was raggedy and dirty; bed was lumpy; I hated everything about this hotel. I was so uncomfortable in this hotel, and couldn't wait until morning. This hotel is nothing short of a dump. Will never stay at a Laquinta again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I can only assume this hotel is under new management. It used to be a nice, clean business class hotel. I have stayed there several times in the past...never a problem. This time...it was very dirty, carpets/floors were filthy. Hallway smelled like urine. And...my room, no better. Tub and toilet were streaked...with something. The whole place looked bad and smelled worse. Service was disappointing too...the first room they sent me to had someone in it...not good. No apology from the hotel staff..just a big, heaping dose of apathy. You can do better for the same money. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover? Share your experiences!