“Don't go if there is a big event....” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #25 of 82 hotels in Birmingham
Nashville, Tennessee
“Don't go if there is a big event....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I generally choose another hotel chain when I travel, but my chain of preference was booked for the BBVA Compass Bowl weekend, so I chose this Hilton because the fan guide indicated it was one of 4 to offer shuttle service to the game. The hotel was very busy, and unable to handle the load. Water for showering on Friday night was lukewarm at best, and completely cold Saturday morning. When I complained to the desk both Friday and Saturday, the explanation both times was that they had about 200 students showering and getting ready. I am sorry, but that is unacceptable. If your property facilities are not adequate to work properly when you have a full house, then you should not volunteer to be part of a fan package for a large event such as a college football bowl game. There were no services in the HHonors Executive Lounge so I called down for room service Friday night instead of getting the dessert I am accustomed to picking up from the lounge, and lo and behold, they could not accommodate my complete order. I also am accustomed to getting the continental breakfast in the Executive Lounge and that was not available either. Although we were given coupons to get our free continental breakfast from the restaurant downstairs - which was unable to handle the large volume of students and fans present Saturday morning (no white milk for cereal, everyone asking for silverware). The room rate I reserved was supposed to include internet access, but upon receiving my folio, I realized I had to ask the desk to remove those charges. Oh, and the bathroom was completely unsatisfactory - no towel racks whatsoever to hang damp towels, a shower curtain that was so flimsy there was water all over the floor and a wire soap dish with the wires so far apart the soap kept falling through. AND, not in the bit the least issue, but when we returned from the game, the door to our room had not been fully closed when housekeeping left the room. Good thing I put the valuables in the safe!!! If ever I have to stay in Birmingham again, I will NOT choose this hotel and will not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Diane L, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write comments about your recent stay with us. Learning of our guests' experience helps us to address issues with our department heads. The experience you describe is certainly not typical of what is one's normal experience, as other trip advisor posts about our property indicates. We sincerely apologize your stay was not what you had anticipated. We pride ourselves on our usually high level of hospitality and customer service. And we strive to make each and every guest to feel like their stay was the most enjoyable. We hope you decide to give us another opportunity for you to experience that high level of service.

211 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed at this Hilton on a busy college football weekend. It has all the fine qualities of a typical Hilton (clean, comfortable beds, nicely furnished); but what sets it apart from other hotels is the friendly staff. They remember your name and greet you at each encounter, then inquire if there's anything they can do for you. If you haven't experienced southern hospitality, this place is the best example.

Room Tip: I recommend a corner suite if one is available for your stay.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your enjoyable stay here at the Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park. We strive to provide an extremely high level of customer service. We are so pleased you enjoyed our hospitality. We will most definitely make our staff aware of your kind comments. And, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton the next time you are in Birmingham.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a handsome, friendly hotel at the edge of Birmingham. The exterior, lobby and our room were attractive, soothing and clean. The bed was super comfortable and we slept like babies! The staff were extremely helpful, polite and friendly.They helped us with our special needs promptly and with style. There is a huge shopping area conveniently located right next to the hotel. Hilton, you have done it again!

• Stayed December 2013
Diane L, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write comments regarding your recent stay here with us at the Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park. We pride ourselves on our staff offering a very high level of hospitality. We will certainly pass on your kind comments to them. We look forward to welcoming you back with us soon!

Diss, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

The staff at this Hilton Hotel are second to none. Everyone was so helpful, friendly and courteous and could not have done more for us. (unlike the Hilton at Miami Airport!!) Hotel clean, good safe area, courtesy bus picked us up and took us around, room service excellent, bar friendly. Definitely would recommend. The staff here deserve recognition - the manager was an ok guy too!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We thank you so much for your kind comments and for taking your time to write about your recent stay here with us at the Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park. We take great pride in our staff providing a high level of customer service and hospitality. Your comments will certainly be passed on to our staff. We hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us soon!

Scunthorpe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was warmly welcomed by the Hilton shuttle driver who had arrived promptly to collect me from the Airport. I received an equal welcome at reception as they efficiently handled my registration for my 4 night stay. My room and all the public areas of the hotel were very well appointed and maintained. The housekeeping staff were friendly and most helpful. As I needed to work in my room I was pleased with the spacious desk and good complementary internet services. As I was pressed for time I chose to use the Hotel bar and dining facilities each evening of my stay. There was adequate choice on the menu and the quality of the food was very good. Breakfast facilities were excellent with effecient, freindly srvice. Overall avery good experience over my 4 night stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Our staff takes great pride in providing to our guests a very high level of customer service and hospitality. Thank you so much for taking your time to write comments about your recent stay here with us at the Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park. We will certainly make sure that our staff knows that their efforts are not going unnoticed. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Birmingham that we will be your preferred hotel of choice.

wheatley heights, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

a well appointed hotel in an area that I would not have thought would warrant one. well staffed and very comfortable. great service-typical hilton rooms.a very welcome oasis on a business trip to an area of the country i am not familar with.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We are very proud of the high level of customer service and hospitality that our staff provides. Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to write comments about your recent stay here with us at the Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park. We will certainly make sure that our staff knows there hard work is not going unnoticed.

Birmingham, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I've stayed here before and the experiences were good. Thanksgiving night wasn't that case. It was under 30 degrees outside and felt 35 in my room. The heat did not work, but the AC did. The water took about 20 minutes to warm in the shower. The chicken and corn soup I ordered tasted like someone put dirt rather than pepper in it. It was even gritty like dirt.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to give us feedback on your recent stay here with us at the Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park. We take pride in offering a high level of customer service and hospitality. We apologize for your experience not being at the level we are accustomed to providing and you should expect. Your comments are being passed on to the appropriate departments so that they are addressed. We hope that we have the opportunity in the future to welcome you back and give you the experience that you had with us previously.

Diane Lee, Senior Corporate Sales Manager

Been to Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park? Share your experiences!