“DoubleTree Birmingham, Alabama” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Hotel Birmingham

You added Doubletree Hotel Birmingham to your Saves list
Doubletree Hotel Birmingham
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   808 South 20th Street at 8th Avenue, Birmingham, AL 35205   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #30 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
Double Springs, Alabama
“DoubleTree Birmingham, Alabama”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

The room was nice w/older furnishings. The costs of food and drinks was excessive so we went across the street to eat which was 1/3 the price (for 2 people) as it would have for 1 person at the hotel. The location was perfect for our needs but next trip we will be bringing our own food and drinks.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. We are currently revitalizing all our furniture in our guest rooms. Also, we are in a great location for a variety of food options, over a dozen of restaurants just two blocks from the hotel. Although, we prefer for you to dine with us, we do offer daily specials so that we are able to fit everyone financial needs. Thank you and I hope you come back to visit with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

There was a tornado warning during my stay that required everyone in the area to take shelter. The staff did an excellent job getting everyone to the lower level. They then took it a step further and made sure everyone had a chair and a cold bottle of water. I have always had a pleasant experience at this hotel but this proved they handle stressful situations well.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager of the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. We try our best to accommodate our guest to the best of our abilities no matter the situation. I am glad that we were able to help you feel comfortable in a distressing situation.I hope you come back to visit with us soon. Thank you
Birmingham, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Disappointing stay Oct 7, 2013 completed a survey and correspondence with the manager over a room that was not clean; cookie crumbs in the seat cushion and hair all over the bathroom, Repeat visit on April 27th and check out on April 28th with notice of stay given to the manager; I was given a room that has not been cleaned. I had to carry my luggage back down stair and wait for another room assignment. Poor customer service and PR, I am looking for someone else to go for my stay during the week of June 10-13, 2014 on my return to Birmingham.

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. Allow me to sincerely apologize for no one getting back with you. There are a number a variables that could have happened but I am unsure as to what happened. You may call or email me if you like so that I may help ensure your stay is better. I will investigate your concerns but I would need to speak with you about them so that I am able to better understand the details. I hope you are not discouraged from staying with us and I would like an opportunity to invite you back to the hotel. If you choose to arrive to the hotel without contacting me first feel free to ask for me by name at the front desk and I would be more than happy to assist you with any of your needs. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.
Miami, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

The hotel was beautiful and the location was great. But parking was $10.00, Internet was $10.00 and the breakfast buffet was $15.95. I was trying to save a few dollars and not go to another Days Inn where I could have all of the extra's free. Even if my continental breakfast was just coffee and donuts.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager of the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us as our guests. We understand our guest have choices and being a downtown property is much different than a hotel on the outside of the city. Anything that I can do to make your next stay more enjoyable please just let me know and I will be more than happy to assist. Please call the hotel and ask for Michelle and it would be my pleasure to meet you and speak with you. Thank you and I hope you come again.
Spicewood, TX, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I must travel to Birmingham, AL from Austin, TX twice a year for medical reasons. I choose to stay to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton because it is centrally located, a very short drive to 5 Points and close to Birmingham landmarks and wonderful eating options, including theirRestaurant. I can relax knowing that the quality of my stay will be very high and my room and bed will be very comfortable. Although I don't use most of the amenities available, they are at my disposal! I highly recommend a stay at the DoubleTree Birmingham! Plus you get a warm cookie, too!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager of the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. Thank you for choosing us as your hotel to stay when you visit Birmingham. We are so close to so many restaurants and landmarks and entertainment. Only 2 blocks from the 5 points district that has over a dozen of restaurants and entertainment facilities. I hope you keep coming back to stay with us and I hope every stay is even more enjoyable than the last. Thank you
Birmingham, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Great service and location in the 5 Points Area of town. Excellent WiFi and so close to the airport and St. Vincent's MC if you are working there. Break fast buffet was great and all the employees went out of their way to make you feel as if was truly the Hilton experieince we lovet to have. It is located in a great part of town where you can walk to some of the finest hotels in Birmingham with no concerns whatsoever. Could use a little updating in the decor and in the fintness area.

Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager of the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. We sincerely try to make our guest happy and if they do have concerns we do try and "Make it Right" for our guest so they know we appreciate their loyalty. We appreciate your loyalty and I hope you come back to visit with us soon. Thank you
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I'm up at 3:30am writing this because there is a woman next door singing Michael Jackson's greatest hits a the top of her lungs! Security is on the way.

Hotel is nice. Staff is friendly. Rooms are clean and updated. But...the noise from the street below and from next door rooms is just awful! Paper thin walls! I have not gotten a good nights rest yet because of the noise. Probably one of the worst hotel stays I have ever had.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, November 6, 2014
Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Double tree hotel in Birmingham, Al. I apologize that you didn't get a restful night of sleep because of noise concerns. I hope you are not discouraged from staying with us again. I understand how frustrating it can be when you don't have a good nights sleep. If you do choose to stay with us again please contact me so that I may be able to locate a quieter room for you so that you may have a more peaceful night. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Birmingham? Share your experiences!