“Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
Virginia
“Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The staff was very polite, friendly and helpful. The room was great and the shuttle was ontime and efficient. I only stayed one night however, staying multiple nights would not have been a problem. It was very quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Leo J, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you nice comment regarding our GREAT shuttle drivers. I will be sure to pass it on to them. Our entire team tries very hard to see that every guest’s stay is special. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again when in our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Florence, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Perfect hotel if you are going to Birmingham Airport. We used the Park and Go so that we could leave our car. No problems at all. Shuttle service was great, nice drivers. Rooms were big and clean. Pick up service was good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Beaumont, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We needed a nice place for our stop in Birmingham and found this gem! Very nice room and ammenities along with one of the most friendly staffs made this a great stay! It was easy to get to downtown Birmingham to see our friends for lunch!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Leo J, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
It is wonderful to hear you complement our GREAT STAFF. Each and every one of our team tries to make each guest’s stay a special one. I will pass this on to them. We look forward to being your home away from home again when you need accommodations in the Birmingham area.
milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I were on our way the catch our flight from the birmingham airport on Saturday July 20th. When we were about 20 away from the airport we received a call from Delta airlines that our dlight had been cancelled and was rescheduled for Sunday morning. Instead of having our friends drive us all the way back to Montgomery we did a quick search on our phones for hotels close to the bham airport.....this holiday inn was the closest. Then I did something I've never done.....I booked the room without checking trip advisor first. I'm not sure why some of the reviews are so negative. Check in went very smoothly, the manager and 3 young ladies behind the counter were very friendly and answered all of our questions. Our room was 618 and we could not have been more surprised and happy at the cleanliness of the room and upkeep of the hotel in general. Our room was equipped with a microwave and mini fridge, the king size bed was comfortable, pillows labeled firm and soft, list of cable channels on the night stand (under the glass and big enough to see), coffee maker, chaise lounger, and a desk. This room was fantastic!! As far as the area, we felt completely safe and even walked across the street to Kabobs to get something to eat. The only places to eat within walking distance (across the street) are Hardee's and Kabobs. Honestly, I have nothing negative to say about this establishment.....it's literally like 5 mins from the airport. When I arrived on Saturday the 20th I was highly irritated with Delta airlines but holiday inn really made things a little better for us. I'd definitely stay here again!! We paid 116.33 which was the AAA rate. It was worth every penny....Thanks Holiday Inn! I wish I would've gotten the name of the front desk workers, they were awesome! We checked in Saturday July 20th between 3 and 4.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Leo J, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our property and particularly about or GREAT staff and so proud that they WOWED you. We look forward to seeing you again when you revisit the area.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I recently had the displeasure of staying at this dump of a hotel that's located in a crack infested area. The hotel itself is totally ran down and not clean at all, the towels look more off white/ tan than your usual white towels for a hotel. The hotel is old and doesn't look like its been renovated ever. They offer free Internet but the connection is so bad I think dial up is better. To make matters worse i had a billing issue and when I called the owner Shane Armstrong he was totally RUDE and not compassionate at all. Instead of empathizing with me and listening to rectify the problem he went on defending the hotel. I went on BBB and low and behold they have billing complaints and was rated an F. I would not recommend my worse enemy or a bum on the street to stay at this hotel. This hotel give the whole franchise holiday inn a black eye and I will never frequent this establishment again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Leo J, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
While I look forward to guest comments good and bad, in this case I am very upset. This review is simply untrue and was sent by a disgruntled guest. The guest offered us a credit card that was declined by the bank and the guest blamed us for the credit card being declined. The hotel was totally renovated a little over 5 years ago and presently we just finished renovating the kitchen, dining room, pool, and are working on the fitness room ventilation system. Guest rooms and hallways are scheduled to have carpet and wall covering replaced over the next 2 years. We are constantly working to keep the hotel in the best condition for our guests. The hotel is inspected by the Jefferson County Health department with a near perfect score, the hotel has received the City of Birmingham Beautification Award for our landscaping, and we are not only AAA rated we are an approved property which is a above the status of simply rated. I thank the guest for pointing out the BBB rating. Upon contacting the BBB we found the rating to be caused because previous management had not responded to their inquiries. These issues go back to 2010. The only recent problem was about a leasee that operated a business in the hotel not the hotel itself. I hope everyone that reads the comments from this guest will understand that their comments are based on a declined credit card that we have no control over.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family was traveling in from the east coast , we stopped in Alabama to sleep for a few hours before we headed home. When i was checking into the hotel the guy behind the desk took my bank card, i stepped away to get my kids together and when i stepped back to front desk he advised me that my card had been denied. I thought it was a bit strange, but i figured since i had been traveling and using my card a lot my bank had stopped it, so I continued to give him my husbands bank card. Needless to say my card was not declined, because they actual charged a dollar so they could get the number. They also charged my husband card. From that moment on our ACCT was wiped out, transactions from everywhwere. This was the only place where my card, and my husbands card was presented at the same time. Our bank did give us our money back while they investigate, but its has still been a nightmare. So we decided to call MOnday morning first thing just so the manager would know what happened. SHANE ARMSTRONG (who says is the owner of the hotel)got on the phone , didnt offer an apology at all, first thing he did was start defending his hotel , telling my husband he was LIEING. After what we had been through a little compassion is all we ask for. He said he wanted bank statements and police reports. We explained to him it just happened yesterday , so none of that information was available, but we would not be sending him a bank statement. We just wanted him to be aware. He was very rude, yelling, and accusing us of being liers. NOw im not sure if others have time, but i dont have the time to call a hotel manager to make a false report. He also threatened to sue us if we put up a bad review. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS HOTEL!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
The management of the hotel has answered this same comment previously. The comments are untrue and all stem from a debit card that the guest tried to use that was declined by her bank. I have never been rude or yelled or accused anyone of being untruthful. I have refused to terminate a long time employee whose only access to credit card numbers is the last four digits without some proof which the guest has refused to supply us.
Corpus Christi, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn due for business. About the only positives I can say about it was that the room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Here are issues that I encountered on my stay. There was a group of three in our party and I was the only individual in the group that was charged a higher rate (nearly $30.00 higher). Our reservations were booked through our employer and I saw the fax that was sent by my employer at the front desk when I checked in. That fax contained the company credit card information for my stay. I can understand upon arrival that a credit card is required but when you bill my credit card for my stay that part is unacceptable. My representative who booked my reservation never got an adequate response from anyone at this Holiday Inn as why my credit card was billed and why I was charged a higher rate. After six weeks of no response from this Holiday Inn my company reimbursed me for the expense.

For the price that your charged for a room you would expect a free continental breakfast. If this is your expectation your going to be let down because they do not serve a continental breakfast. They have signage about starting your morning our right. Our party started our morning out right, by going to the IHOP that was in the area.

This hotel is close to the airport and as other reviewers have posted this hotel is not in the best area.

If your wondering what's above the drop ceiling in the bathroom the last couple photo provides you with the answer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments, I wish we had done better to impress you. We failed to WOW you and for that I am deeply sorry. Please give us another chance to prove to you that there are many more things to be positive about at our hotel.

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport? Share your experiences!