“Overnight- good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
Pyeongtaek, South Korea
“Overnight- good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was here for one night waiting for a early morning flight. I didn't have a reservation and was happy they had a room available. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and modern. I read the other reviews about the neighborhood but I didn't have a need to be walking around outside so it wasn't a problem plus there was a guard on duty. I had a very early flight and the free hotel airport shuttle took me with no problem. Free wireless, a bar for drinkers... Warm and friendly place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Leo J, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport!!! I am pleased to hear that your stay was pleasant!! We work hard to ensure that our guest are happy and treated with the best customer service. Thanks for your comment

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Orlando, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was here for a business trip over New Year's Eve, but the night before I was watching TV as I fell asleep and saw a bug crawling across the screen. I couldn't make it out from the silhouette, and knew the 4th floor room was essentially a clean room, so I wasn't worried it was anything that wanted to bite me. it wasn't until the next morning that I saw a lady bug on the bath room wall that it must have been what I saw on the TV the night before.

Weird? Yes. Bothersome? No.

What did bother me, the first morning of my two night stay, was a very slow shower drain. I mentioned to the front desk on my way out that day, and by the next morning it was fixed and draining nicely.

I certainly liked the shower head, which was high on the wall and had good flow.

I see someone else wrote in their review that they were bothered by the noise, but I must say this was a pretty quiet room considering it was by an airport and the Interstate. I really didn't hear either even once.

The breakfast was not included, and I must say it was not quite worth the eight bucks they charged for it, though the hotel service staff at the breakfast was quite responsive (but only about 4 people were eating when we were).

Last thing was that the breakfast was closed on New Year's Day. That seemed off, for a hotel.

The bar too was closed when we got back to the hotel about 1a on New Year's Eve That too seemed a little weird.

Good bed. Good desk. Fridge in room and coffee maker (though I don't drink coffee), so it was a good room for this level hotel. I'd go back to stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
We also appreciate your feedback and we are trying our best to ensure these incidents do not occur again. We appreciate you making Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport your home away from home!!!
Columbus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Rooms were clean and modern. Toilet flushed loudly for about two minutes which was annoying. Tv was low definition. Mini fridge was great. Service at check in wasn't great. Location is in a bad part of town but I always saw armed security so that was nice. It's right next to the interstate so it's loud but for the price it's not bad

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn B'ham Airport !!! I am pleased that you had a good experience at our hotel. If you stay with our hotel now, you will find that we have hi-def tv's installed!!!
Our maintenence department has already taken care of the flushing issue and we thank you for reporting this to us, Guest feedback is very important to us!!
Fayetteville, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Upon checking in the front desk clerk was too "involved" in a cell phone call to properly greet me. We checked in and the room was adequate and seemed clean although it smelled a bit musty which my Husband attributed to the fact the AC had not been turned on. The next morning we left around 9 a,m. to spend a day visiting with friends and family and returned to the hotel after 5 p.m. to find that our room door had been left open by housekeeping. We had no idea how long the room had been unsecured and since this hotel is not in a great part of town anyone could have come into the room without any question as their is public access to the elevators without question. I called down to the front desk to alert them of the issue and was lamblasted by the clerk who questioned us leaving the door open even though housekeeping had serviced the room AFTER we left. Needless to say we were moved to another room but NEVER felt safe in the hotel after that.

Room Tip: This hotel is located very close to the airport but as soon as you exit the freeway you can tell thi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Junction City, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Got it on price line' then read reviews. So was a little worried. So I asked to see a room first. Nice and modern. I don't know what others were talking about' but our room was very nice! WiFi a little low. I didn't feel in danger in the day. Not a great neighborhood to stroll' but close to airport. Nice man checked me in! Would stay again!

• Stayed December 2012
Burnsville, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

When I told locals that I was staying here, they all shook their head and talked about how bad the area is, and they were not wrong. But there's a big fence around the parking lot and a security guard on hand after dark.

To give you an idea of how rough the area is the liquor store next door has all the bottles behind the counter with glass to stop you touching them. The drinks are passed through a hole in the glass.

Nearby gas station workers talk to you through think bullet proof glass.

However, in fairness to the hotel they have done about all they can to make you feel safe. And within the confines of the hotel and grounds, I experienced no security issues, and actually thought the security guard was polite and professional.

The room was unremarkable, he Internet slow to medium. The TV channel selection was low definition and extremely limited. The staff were pleasant and professional.

So it was okay, average, meh. No wow factor and nothing to write home about. But nothing especially offensive either, unless you count the location. The bed was hard and squeaky.

Room Tip: The top two floors are labeled Ambassador and Executive. Despite my platinum status and upgrade, I...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Front desk very nice and fast with check in. Hotel itself is in dire need of renovation. Although I expected much worse based on recent reviews. My room was clean and bed comfortable. Great water pressure during my shower as I prepared for my early flight out. I will agree the area is a bit shady but only a mile from the airport. The Clarion down the street is a true dive.
If I had to stay here extended nights that might be a different story. I stayed on the 5th floor. I average 15 nights a month as a business traveler so for me it was very adequate. Some people over exaggerate, if you have to catch a morning flight this is very smart choice especially for the price point. It is amazing if you are a nice person when you check in you might just get a nicer room. Some people are just rude and demanding upon check in and guess what happens to them? They write a bad review imagine that.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport? Share your experiences!