We stayed at this location Jan. 4-6. The staff was great and so was the location. The room was not as clean as I like- the curtains were stained, the floor was dirtier than usual. The biggest problem is that Saturday morning there was no hot water for the entire hotel. None. When I asked about it- the staff said they were aware of the situation. They made no offer to refund any of our room price or to let us know when it would be repaired. The pool was also out of order, which upset my kids.
Sunday, the pool was working again, but we had to check out. There was warm water, but not hot, still. The parking lot was full all weekend. At times it was hard to find a parking spot.
The hotel was quiet- we never heard a sound. The breakfast was good, but the eating area is small. The room was a nice size and the beds were comfortable. Check in was quick and efficent.
Overall, it was an average experience, although I do think there should have been some compensation for not having hot water for the whole weekend!
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn By Marriott Birmingham/Inverness Hotel Birmingham
- Fairfield Inn By Marriott Birmingham/Inverness Hotel
- Fairfield Inn Birmingham
- Fairfield Birmingham
- Birmingham Fairfield Inn
- Birmingham Fairfield
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Birmingham Inverness Fairfield Inn hotel is a charming hotel located on Hwy 280, right off I-459 (the loop around the Magic City). Residing conveniently to downtown Birmingham, the hotel is situated among the most popular stores of Summit Shopping Center and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Marriott, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Fairfield Inn by Marriott Birmingham/Inverness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.