“If you want to raise your blood pressure stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Savings on Bkfast + WiFi
Ranked #29 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
McLean, Virginia
“If you want to raise your blood pressure stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The most agrivating place I have ever stayed. You spend hours fighting for your room rate. They cannot find your reservation. They forget to give you breakfast coupons and you are barred from the restaurant. There are no available luggage carts. The maid cleans the room when you have 20 minutes to get dressed and will not leave. If I was not part of a group, I would have moved on. It is up there with going to the DMV.

Room Tip: Go to the Marriott Roos bridge
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Lisa S, Manager at Embassy Suites Birmingham, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
I am sorry for your disappointing stay with us. We have made changes in management how have made positive changes to the hotel. What happened in your case is not typical for this property. I hope when back in Birmingham you give us another chance.

Lisa Sapp
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
New Orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I love this hotel. The two rooms are gigantic and they are pet friendly. I do a round trip from PA to New Orleans every summer. This is my "almost there" just let me relax in semi-luxury hotel before starting the school year again. My dream is to ride out a New Orleans hurricane here someday with my cats. I love arriving, having an appetizer at Ruth Chris, going to happy hour, ordering room service from Ruth Chris, and watching a movie. I also love the small balcony with views of the mountains. In the morning one gets a lovely made-to-order breakfast. Ok, I wish they offered V-8 or tomato juice, but that's just nitpicking. The bed is comfy, the shower is hot. OMG I saw a few spots in the carpet! I can live with that, and would happily live there for a week ordering room service and watching one of the two TV's. If you are a single with pets, a couple, or a family, I can't imagine doing much better in this price range.

Room Tip: I have cats and I've been in rooms with beds that they can crawl under. I didn't know until...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our property. We appreciate your loyalty.

Cheers,
Lisa Sapp
Front Office Manager
West Point, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

as a couple we love and like to stay in the embassy suites & hotel.we like all the facilities inside and we feel comfortable and relaxable.staffs are really kind and good.the hotel was easily accessible. were both enjoyed to stay in ur hotel.. looking forward to stay back in this hotel.. thank you!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

HeatherStrauss, General Manager at Embassy Suites Birmingham, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to respond! We appreciate your business.

Bronxville, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Reservations for a wedding in Birmingham, AL found us staying here. Is there anything positive I can say? ... Possibly... - most of the time the staff was courteous and helpful. The rooms- awful! I hate the suite set up where your room has a window that opens onto a hallway and all hallways open onto the buffet area. Noise level??? The free buffet and coffee - skip it! Food was cold and the omelet line - out the door. Cleanliness garners a D in the rooms and around the food court.
Would we go back or stay in an Embassy Suites again? NO!

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I apologize you did not have a positive experience. I hope you would think of us again in the future as your stay was not typical of our guests experiences.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Our family was very impressed with the helpful and cheerfulness of the check-in staff. They chatted with us, making us feel at ease during the check-in process. Another employee helped unload the luggage from our car and wheeled it to our room as I was getting the children and dog to the suite.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for recognizing the staff. I will share your comments at our morning huddle!

Cheers,
Pflugerville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

wonderful staff, great location if you are planning on seeing the zoo (I highly recommend) or the botanical gardens or even downtown. we stayed her for 6 days, with two kids. this was convenient to everything that we wanted to do. the breakfast was great, as usual.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We hope to see you soon.

Spokane WA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The stay at the Embassy Suite was very pleasant. The staff made us feel like family. The facility has all the emenities needed for business and pleasure. The breakfast staff was very polite and accomodating . The decor was beautiful. I loved the vegetation (plants and trees). The f$.95 cent charge per local phone call was not in keeping with the overall exprience of my stay. It would have been better to realize ths charge prior to the end of my stay.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

What a wonderful kind comment!!! We work hard every day to strive to exceed the guest experience and appreciate the recognition and feedback.

Heather Strauss

Been to Embassy Suites Birmingham? Share your experiences!