“Great staff and location” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #2 of 82 hotels in Birmingham
“Great staff and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Location is in a very quiet area but easy access to the highway. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The food was excellent and my room was very clean! I felt safe leaving items in my car overnight.

• Stayed April 2012

201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We have stayed here a few times over the past year or so while in the area for our kids sporting events. I was just looking into an upcoming tournament and realized that I never reviewed it & wanted to take a moment to do so.
The times we have been here the place has been packed with other teams. To me, this is always a test to prove how good the staff REALLY is! Each time, we have been greeted by smiling faces who manage to get us all settled in quickly. Surely no easy task when you have 10-15 players along with their siblings and parents all piling in at once, repeatedly throughout the afternoon. Our rooms have always been nice and very clean. The breakfast area has been kept well stocked and clean, despite the huge rush as everyone is trying to get to the fields on time. In years past we have stayed at some lower end properties at the request of other parents and it always seemed to be one issue after another (shortage of towels or bed linens, something not working properly, dirty, noisy etc..) which is not what I want to deal with after being out in all kinds of weather all day and when we have worn out players who need a good nights rest. I will gladly pay a bit more for the peace of mind this property provides. Hope our upcoming visits run as smoothly as those in the past!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Gridley, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night with our family. Rooms were very clean and the service was very friendly. Really enjoyed the location, secluded and away from the interstate. The only negative was the pool being closed for maintenance which really disappointed the kids. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
Christie R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
I am so glad that you had a great stay! I am very sorry that our pool was closed. I am sure that was disappointing for your kids. The next time that you are in town we look forward to having you! See you soon!
Jonesboro, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Great place for a family to stop or take a family vac. at! Well run and will use it again!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! You are absolutely right! This is a great hotel for a family. We are in a great location! Secluded but yet close to restaurants and great shopping!
Christie Rickert, Assistant General Manager
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

The good: Very nice rooms, quiet location if you ask for the side not facing the interstate, convenient access to town, clean, plent of parking and well lit parking lot.

The not so good: no one st front desk to check me in on arrival, room preferences were ignored, general lack of friendliness of staff.

The place was nice enough that I would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: If freeway noise bothers you, ask for a room that doesn't back up to it.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Christie R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Hello! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! This is a perfect location for a family. There are many area restaurants that are within a 4 mile radius of the hotel. I look forward to meeting you the next time you are in town. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call or email me.
My contact information is christie.rickert@hilton.com, 205-503-5230
Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding in the area. This hotel is in a very quiet area, on the weekends at least, felt very safe and secure with my family and friends. Good breakfast for 8.95, rooms very clean, easy on and off the interstate, which can take you to good shopping and food in a matter of minutes. In my opinion its worth the price for what you get.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Christie R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! You are absolutely right the area is very quiet and only a short drive to The Summit shopping mall which has plenty of restaurants and shopping for the entire family. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Birmingham area!

Christie Rickert, Assistant General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

The chef told me to eat pastries only for the breakfast buffet.
The room was not ready when we arrived.
The TV channels do not have many selections (no Disney or Nick for kids).
There is highway noise to the rooms on the rear side. The highway actually has a sign "No Jake Brake" to truckers.
The door slams back in place very loudly (The effect feels worse at night when you are sleeping.)
The clock that could not be changed manually did not change automatically for DST.
No morning calls were made to our teammates.
The bed pressure adjustment did not work as they claimed.
The elevator was jerky.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room on the front side (the opposite side of I-459).
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hello! Thank you for taking the time in providing valued feedback about your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn-Liberty Park. I take every comment and complaint very seriously and I will use this in training and retraining of the staff. I am personally working with department managers so that the issues with the different departments are addressed. I am so sorry that your room was not quiet and you could hear the highway noise. The next time that you are in town I personally assure you that I will make sure that you are on the corporate park side of the hotel which will reduce the traffic noise. We are training and retraining our staff on how to provide ultimate service and how to listen to guests needs and concerns so that we will exceed your expections on a daily basis. I have made appropriate changes so that this type of situation does not occur again. I do hope that you will give us another chance so that we can exceed your expectations and have the opportunity to "WOW" you! Please do not hesitate to call or email me so that we can personally speak about your stay so that this type of situation does not occur again. My contact information is christie.rickert@hilton.com, 205-503-5230

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park? Share your experiences!