“You had me at the lobby” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #31 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
Atlanta, GA
“You had me at the lobby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

And let me tell you why - to the right of the entrance is a plethora of choices for hot coffee, tea or even hot chocolate. I'm a huge 'mocha' person and always have to ask a hotel if they have any hot chocolate I can add to their coffee but not here. It was already out here! And with choices of creamer flavors too.

Breakfast choices were very wide and the free bottled water in the cooler in the lobby is a wonderful addition.

Room was a great size, bed super comfy. Only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is I'm sick of having feather pillows at hotels. That being said, we'd still stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
We are happy to read you enjoyed the coffee and hot chocolate while you were here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive and that you will be staying with us again on your next visits to our area. Thank you for your business and for such a nice review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Clarksville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Staff was very accomadating and the hotel was very clean . Our daughter graduated from UAB and we were in town for her graduation. The desk clerk was very nice and even though I was constantly asking for towels etc he just greeted me nicely everytime and got me what I requested. The pool was a bit cloudy, but I think it was from the heavy use earlier in the day. Overall excellent stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Congratulations on your daughters graduations! We are glad you had a great stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. Thank you for such a nice review.
Phenix city, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We only had a one night stay,no complaints that would keep us from coming back. The location has stores close by and places to eat. The beds were very comfortable and I was impressed by the staff, very friendly and thats important to me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
 Thank you for taking the time to compliment our staff and our hotel the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. We look forward to your next visit.
nashville tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Florida. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean. My grand kids enjoyed the fresh warm cookies. I enjoyed the breakfast it was stocked well and had a wide variety. I will stay here again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
It sounds like your had a great time with your grand kids on your trip. Tell them their cookie awaits their next visit here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. Thank you for your review and your business. We look forward to your next visit.
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The hotel overall was just what you would come to expect from a Hampton Inn. No major complaints. The only gripe that I had was the TV had weak signal from non HD stations. The staff was friendly and always willing to help.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that I will take your comments concerning the TV reception into consideration to improve our hotel. That being said we are glad you think we are a good place to stay.Thank you for your business and review.
Birmingham, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My recent stay at the Hampton Inn on Lake Shore was a most enjoyable event starting with a very brief and quick check-in and out process; very clean and roomy rooms and suites with refrigerators, microwaves and coffee pots and other amenties available at your disposal. Staff was quick to respond to any request you may have. The price was also right!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I’m happy to read from your review that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I was especially glad to read that you has a speedy and efficient check-in. Our main concern is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay and I am thrilled that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had huge roaches and spiders in our room. Called down to the desk and because we were there on a points stay they acted as if they couldn't do anything. No bug spray, we had to take care of the additional room guest ourselves. We dealt with two different young ladies and the front desk and neither offered anything except to call 1-800-HAMPTON. On the 4th of July, No CS reps were working. I was transferred and left on hold for 10 mins. and no one ever answered. I called back same situation expect I disconnected after 5 min.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
We thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip. Reading your comments, it appears that we fell short of your expectations and for that, we sincerely apologize. We are accustomed to receiving very positive feedback from our guests and are disheartened that you did not experience the level of excellence you deserve. Please be assured that your concerns will be shared with our management team so that corrective measures are taken where feasible.

We do hope that you can give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel if your travels bring you to our area again.

Been to Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive? Share your experiences!