“great location close to UAB” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #31 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
Irvington, Alabama
“great location close to UAB”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

we have stayed at numerous properties in the Birmingham area during regular trips for my wife's ongoing checkups at Univ of Birmingham medical center. on our most recent trip, we found the Hampton Inn / Lakeshore Drive exit on I-65 the best location convenient to downtown, price reasonable, staff friendly, king-size bed comfy, at breakfast steak mixed in with eggs a pleasant surprise!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Newborn, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed here for a few days the other week for business meetings. We reserved the small conference room. All was very pleasant (as expected). They were renovating the lobby/breakfast area and that was a bit of a hastle. I understand that they can't do renovation work when no ones there (counter-intuitive), but the guests still had to make due with temp tables/etc to get their breakfast off of-----understandable.
The rooms were clean and modern.
Gym was clean and up to date as well. All equipment worked as intended.
The area is experiencing a lady bug explosion at the moment, so staff was spraying quite a bit. At least they are trying to knock down the hoards of ladybugs in the area.
The location of the hotel is very near all the restaurants and shopping that you can handle----highly accessable.

All in all this was a very nice and productive stay. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Franklin, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

In October, I stayed at this property for the fifth time in four years. The management and staff serve up the signature Hampton Inn service at a competitive price for the area. The staff made special provision for my 5:30 am departures each morning during my stay—they had special breakfast bags available for me.

I like staying at this property because the rooms are quiet, the workout room is a little larger than average, there are many restaurants close by, and interstate access is quick.

Room Tip: if available, secure a higher floor and choose the backside away from the interstate. (BUT all rooms...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have found that you generally can't go wrong if you stay at a Hampton inn. This was no different. Nice rooms nice staff and great cookies. We were also given a coupon for a free appetizer from Landry's Seafood restaurant. Very close to Walmart which is important for me because I usually forget at least two things while traveling.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Hotel staff were great - they went above and beyond to help on all my requests and made sure I was comfortable. Room was well-appointed and the bed comfortable. The free breakfast had great options. Only 'gripe' is that this location has several addresses listed on the internet/in my GPS/on my reservation. I had to call to confirm the right address in my GPS. Other than that, thanks for a great night's stay.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

This is my second stay here and once again I was very pleased. The only problem I have is the faucet on the bathroom sink sits to far back,making it hard to wash your hands. Still a really good hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Clean, friendly service, large room, comfy bed, good breakfast. My only complaint was slow wi-fi. Would definitely stay here again...and probably will.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive? Share your experiences!