I stayed here for 1 night on June 4, 2014 for a short business trip while visiting a customer in Birmingham. This is a golf resort and really a very nice resort hotel for business or pleasure. It is also the official hotel for the Porche Driving School. The hotel is excellent for swimming and golfing during the day and pool side drinks and food service is available. The location of this resort is out in the suburbs of Birmingham and about a 25 minute drive from downtown but let me tell you it is well worth the drive. The area is very clean and upscale located in the Ross Bridge Resort area.Even though the resort has a Birmingham address it is really located in a suburb called Hoover. They also have car rental on sight.
Check in was a breeze and our room was ready earlier than expected and they even gave me a free upgrade on the 5th floor pool view.
Our room was clean, neat, and tidy upon check in and had plenty of towels. The linens were good and the queen beds were very comfortable. Our room was on the 5th floor pool view and also had a partial view of the golf course.
Had a buffet breakfast at Brocks and it was outstanding. They had a great selection of anything you wanted from omelettes to biscuits and gravy and everything was excellent. I highly recommend the breakfast and it cost $20.00 per person.
I would highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. If you are a golfer you will love it and so will the family because they can sit by the pool all day while you are out golfing. The pool also has a water slide for the kids and a hot tub. I did check out the spa facilities but didn't use it but I can tell you it was very clean and if I had more time I would have taken advantage of the spa. They do have a gift shop store and coffee shop in the lobby and it does come in handy for drinks and snacks. The resort also has an outdoor terrace and fire pit which is very nice to sit outside in the evening and watch the sun set and smoke a nice cigar. They do sell cigars on property in the lounge. My only real disappointment was there was not complimentary coffee in the lobby in the morning. All fine hotels serve complimentary coffee in the morning and they may want to take this into consideration. The only other minor problem was the elevators are slow during the day at peak times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to the beautiful rolling hills and experience one of the finest hotels in Birmingham, Alabama. Secluded from every day cares, yet close to a vibrant city, the Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa embodies comfortable sophistication and the casual elegance of a royal retreat. The plush guest rooms at this AAA Four Diamond Birmingham, AL hotel include balconies overlooking stunning grounds and a signature pool featuring enchanting waterfalls and fountains that will truly amaze you. Boasting the third-longest golf course in the world, the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail course is highlighted by sweeping majestic views of the surrounding foothills. Stimulate your senses at the lavish 12,000-square-foot European spa located inside this hotel is exclusively designed to ensure complete relaxation and tranquility. Experience this Birmingham, AL hotel’s luxury and discover a delightful escape at Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf Hotel Birmingham
- Renaissance Ross Bridge Resort
- Renaissance Ross Bridge Hotel
- Renaissance Birmingham
- Birmingham Renaissance