In celebration of our anniversary, a 3 night stay at Renaissance Ross Bridge Resort was planned! What a treat! We arrived only moments prior to an appointment at the Spa. A kind gentleman transported our bags to our room while we rushed downstairs to the spa. He reassured us "I'll take good care of everything"! And he did.
The Spa is wonderful. Far and above the usual for a hotel! I want to return just to spend a day at the Spa! The pool area looked very inviting - LARGE - and with plenty of chairs and umbrellas. For kids, there was a play area at the pool, including fountains and a beach entry (no steps)!
When we got to the room, it was on the back side of the complex, facing the golf course. Here we found the ONLY issue of our stay. The delivery trucks arrive beginning at 6:00a.m. in the morning! And with each one of them backing into the loading area... the beep...beep....beep was definitely enough to awaken you. So much for sleeping in.
The room had a small balcony where we enjoyed afternoon appetizers from room service. OK food - and the price was reasonable for room service.
Huge compliments to Richard who delivered our room service. After our sharing that we were celebrating an anniversary, he returned to our room with free cookies and a nice note of congratulations! Special service!
The breakfast buffet was included with our stay daily. The usual breakfast items for an upscale buffett. The first morning the quantity was small to none of the fresh fruit. I don't think they had expected so many people on that day. Also, the lady making omelets seemed inexperienced. Neither of us ate the omelet. On the next 2 days, the buffett was well stocked and the gentleman working the omelet station was great!
Valet parking was a little pricy but the service was excellent.
I would highly recommend Ross Bridge and I look forward to returning soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to the beautiful rolling hills and experience one of the finest hotels in Birmingham, Alabama. Secluded from every day cares, yet close to a vibrant city, the Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa embodies comfortable sophistication and the casual elegance of a royal retreat. The plush guest rooms at this AAA Four Diamond Birmingham, AL hotel include balconies overlooking stunning grounds and a signature pool featuring enchanting waterfalls and fountains that will truly amaze you. Boasting the third-longest golf course in the world, the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail course is highlighted by sweeping majestic views of the surrounding foothills. Stimulate your senses at the lavish 12,000-square-foot European spa located inside this hotel is exclusively designed to ensure complete relaxation and tranquility. Experience this Birmingham, AL hotel’s luxury and discover a delightful escape at Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf Hotel Birmingham
- Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Ross Bridge Resort
- Renaissance Ross Bridge Hotel
- Renaissance Birmingham
- Birmingham Renaissance