“Good Points” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 82 hotels in Birmingham
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Good Points”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was my 2nd visit to this hotel in the last 2 years. The Breakfast and Manager Dinner were very good. For a Southerner, the pot of grits was nice ( a little thicker than I fix but still good) and the sweet Tea was great. The room was clean. The only issue was that the shower stall needed some cleaning attention. The grab bar needed to be cleaned where the connections are to the shower wall. This was only seen IF you are inside the stall, from that angle. I happened to come in to my room when it was being cleaned. I pointed this out to the housekeeper and she cleaned it.
The hotel is in a very good area. It seems safe and has many nice shops and restaurants near by.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HWSBIRMINGHAMGM, Manager at Homewood Suites Birmingham South Inverness, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
I appreciate your comments about our hotel and was glad to hear that the housekeeper was able to remedy the small cleanliness issue. We always strive and emphasize the attention to details and I am glad that you pointed it out so we can fix it for the future. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall and appreciate you choosing to stay with us

199 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying near Birmingham. Friendly staff, nice rooms, quiet location. Good full breakfast every morning. Free Wi-Fi was a nice addition. We enjoyed our stay here and would stay again when in Birmingham area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for your comments on our hotel and that you would recommend us to other travelers! That is wonderful to hear and very much appreciated. Hope to see you again on your next trip the area
Fort Worth, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Simply, I love Homewood Suites. It is such a great value for the dollar. The staff at this hotel was great. They quickly made me feel at home. Unfortunately, the mattresses in the room were way past their useful life and badly in need of being replaced. Extremely quite location and close to tons of restaurants and groceries for long term stays.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I appreciate the comments and we are being renovated in 2014 and that should remedy the uncomfortable mattress. I am glad that you have continued to stay with us we really appreciate it
West Hills, CA, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Our family of four adults had a great weekend staying at the Homewood Suites while attending the Talladega 500 in Oct. Accommodations were great, nice and clean, mold free bathroom, clean dishes, everything worked. Only negative is the furniture is a bit bare. Not worn, just not much of it. Breakfasts were great. Lots of variety and all very fresh. The entire hotel shows a lot of pride take and returned. I will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thanks so much for your comments and kind words about our hotel. I understand that this was your first stay at our hotel for the race and I am glad you chose to stay with us!
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The rooms were quiet. Sprint did not get good service in the halls or room unless stood by a window. I will be staying at this hotel again on my next business trip to Birmingham.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking time to review our hotel. I hate that Sprint service did not work very well but glad that it won't affect your choice to use our hotel in the future. I look forward to seeing you again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Overall nice room. We stayed in a 1 room suite. Breakfast was acceptable.
We stayed on the 2nd floor and it smelled of smoke in the hallway. It was pretty strong. Our actual room did not smell though.
We traveled with my 15 month old and she had a bite on her leg when she woke up. I guess it was a flea bite since it is a pet friendly hotel. This is not the first issue we've had with bugs in hotels though.
Sadly I would not stay again, simply because it is pet friendly. I will no longer stay somewhere pet friendly even though I love pets and have my own. I just don't believe hotels can keep up with which pets are clean or not and cannot take proper action to clean rooms appropriately.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. We are a pet friendly hotel and want to assure you that each room is cleaned by an outside company prior to the room being rented again to the next guest. I hope that you will come back again on your next visit to Birmingham and appreciate your comments.
Gillsville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed at this property for two nights and had no regrets. One guest was in a wheelchair and the two bedroom handicap accessible suite was so well-suited to her needs. The entire suite was handicap accessible and it made her stay so much more comfortable. The rooms were big enough for everyone and very clean. The breakfast was amazing. It accomodates any diet you can imagine. The grounds were beautifully maintained and housekeeping was prompt and friendly. Verron checked us in and he treated us like old friends. He smiled the entire time and was a great conversationalist. Thanks Verron!!! I would not hesitate to stay here again if I ever visit Birmingham in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I am so glad to hear that your stay and experience was a positive one. I have shared with Varron your comments and I am glad to know that on your next trip in to town you will stay with us. Thanks again for stay with us and taking time out to review our hotel

Been to Homewood Suites Birmingham South Inverness? Share your experiences!