“Many visits - always good” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #118 of 872 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Thai
Birmingham, AL
“Many visits - always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I don't know why I haven't posted for Taste of Thailand before. Maybe I don't want to share the secret. Great food, terrific service, nice atmosphere, good value. One of my favorite restaurants, regardless of genre.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, Alabama
“Great lunch stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The lunch specials include soup and a spring roll.
All the selections on the menu are prepared fresh and we are impressed with the flavor of the Thai food.I love the coconut soup.

Preston Lawley

Visited December 2012
Bloomington, Indiana
“Just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were stopping over in Birmingham for just one night and wanted a yummy Thai meal after a long day on the road. Based on reviews here, we chose Taste of Thailand. I don't really have any complaints, I guess, but I wasn't all that impressed. Actually, the green curry was fantastic. But the Pad See Ew was unlike any I've ever had. The noodles weren't the wide flat ones that are typical in this dish, and the flavor was altogether different. Not even close. I expect some variation from restaurant to restaurant, but this didn't resemble the usual flavors at all. It actually tasted like Pad Thai, but without the Pad Thai ingredients. So I don't know if they made a mistake or what. Also, we had made a special request for my picky-eater son to have fried rice with no vegetables in it -- just egg and tofu. It came with peas and carrots. Not a big deal -- we picked them out -- but coupled with the mystery of the noodle dish, one has to wonder.

The young man I dealt with on the phone was very helpful and courteous, and quite polished. Even went to the trouble to fax the menu to the front desk of my hotel. I was impressed with him.

Overall, fantastic curry, and the place is probably worth a try. If I lived in Birmingham, I'd go back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham Al
“Best Thai Food in Birmingham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Taste of Thailand prepares fresh, flavorful authentic Thai food. My husband and I go there regularly and always enjoy it. We love their sushi, the vegetable rolls, the coconut soup, the tofu and vegetable curry, and the noodle bowls. They also offer many stir-fry dishes and the best panang sauce we have ever tasted. The lunch specials come with soup and a mini spring roll.
The prices are reasonable and the service is always friendly and welcoming.
This is a family owned and operated restaurant who take great pride in serving delicious, healthy food at reasonable prices.
We live across town from Taste of Thailand, but we drive past other Thai restaurants to go to Taste of Thailand. We recommend it highly.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, Alabama
“THE BEST THAI IN BIRMINGHAM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is by far the best Thai in Birmingham or anywhere near -- BY FAR. It is authentic and delicious, and the service is wonderful.

• Visited December 2011