“Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #74 of 872 Restaurants in Birmingham
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This place is a classic. Not many places are like this anymore. I stopped by here after seeing it on bizarre food from the travel channel. I was not disappointed. I was only bummed out they didn't have the pork neck and oxtail the day I stopped by. They have the best corn bread I've had in a very long time. Don't be discouraged about stopping in this place because of the neighborhood or the looks of the building. It's clean and simple on the inside. And the building may look rough compared to most new restaurants. But this is a restaurant that serves classic dishes that have been served for centuries. I think the building added to the experience. The owner is a cool man that will talk to you about his dishes all day if you wanted. This place gets two thumbs up!

• Visited August 2013