“Great Resturant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 872 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Resturant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I love this place! The food is great and the ambiance is one of a kind. The pianist providing music from behind the bar was the final touch to cap off a great experience!

Visited March 2014

Birmingham, Alabama
“Exciting Food - Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have been to Season's 52 in Birmingham many times since it opened. I love that their menu changes seasonally, with weekly specials, so that I can dine often and not get bored with my choices. I am vegetarian (mostly vegan) and if you ask, they have an entirely separate menu for vegetarians, although there are vegetarian options on the regular menu. Unfortunately, the vegetarian menu does not change seasonally like the regular menu. I highly recommend the cedar plank roasted tofu (the mango chutney is divine - request extra on the side) and the goat cheese ravioli (which is small for an entree, so order an app or a salad to start). The vegetarian sampler will have a bit of everything, but I don't care for the soft taco (which needs something to liven it up - perhaps a cilantro lime cashew cream) or the seasonal veggies (which always lack seasoning). The pasta with veggies is a relatively small portion and is a bit bland, lacking seasoning and needing some acidity and vibrancy. If you make the right choice, your meal will be very pleasing. Their seasonal vegetarian soups are always delicious.

We've had good service almost every time we've visited. The one time we had a problem, I brought it to the manager's attention and it was corrected on our next visit, where we were treated like queens. The manager personally came out and introduced himself and the chef brought us single spoonful palate teasers (he even made a vegan one for me). Our waiter, Brian, was extremely nice and attentive. The pace of our meal was nice, not too rushed, but not too slow. The desserts are all mini "shot glass" desserts, but they are extremely delicious and flavorful. I highly recommend the pecan pie dessert, which is layered with crunchy/sticky pecan filling and fluffy, creamy vanilla mousse.

The atmosphere is nice, very romantic, with real candles on the tables. The restaurant is very dimly lit, but no complaints here. The decor is lovely and the lighting makes you feel like you're in your own little world, even though the restaurant is almost always full.

All in all, an excellent place with friendly staff and great food. It's a restaurant we'll go back to again and again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, Alabama
“Always an Excellent Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have been to Seasons 52 at the Summit Mall in Birmingham, Alabama several times in the past 4 months, and it is always top of mind for lunch or dinner. The service is consistently wonderful and the food and drinks are excellent. We made reservations most of the time, but the first time we went for lunch without a reservation, and we were still seated promptly, despite the restaurant looking quite busy. The flat bread appetizers are excellent and I always enjoy the scallops. We have also enjoyed some of the martinis and all were excellent. Of course we can't pass up their desserts and enjoy their sampling desserts - just enough for your sweet tooth without having eaten too much.

We hope our next visit will be to enjoy the piano bar which always seems to have a nice crowd.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Absolutely fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

I'm not a chain restaurant lover but I'm making an exception with this one. My husband and I went here tonight to celebrate our anniversary and were treated royally! The manager came to our table to congratulated us and took our picture. She later came back with the picture as a keepsake. I thought that was so sweet and going beyond the call of duty. Our meals were wonderful. We started with a yummy lobster flatbread for an appetizer. I had the salmon from the regular menu and my husband had the venison chop from the weekly menu both were superb. Then, of course, we had desserts which were incredible.They serve them in shot glasses which was just enough sweet at the end of a magnificent meal. We will be coming back!

Visited March 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good quality food in small pricey portions ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

The idea of this place is nice: relatively low calories, fresh and good quality ingredients.

The decor is very nice, the food tastes very good, but is on the pricey side. I wasn't a fan of their mushroom appetizer, but other than that the fish, the salad, the flatbread and the meats were truly wonderfully prepared. Same goes for the desserts that come in small portions.

Service needs to step up a bit - but overall we were very happy and will be back.

• Visited January 2014