“WOW funny place!” 3 of 5 stars

WOW funny place!

Birmingham, AL
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2007

hmmm...I have visited Silvertron before with no complaints. Something happened with this visit, and I am no longer a fan.

From the dirty spoon I was given to eat my french onion soup to the hair found in the bowl of diced tomatoes for my salad! After receiving a clean spoon, I asked for more soup instead since my chicken salad was ruined.

Comment was: "Well, it looks like an eye lash in there, do you still want to send it back?" as if an eye lash is different from a strand of hair off someone's head. Hair is hair, and it does not belong in food.

So, I ended up paying for 2 bowls of soup....yep $12.

How kind of them not to charge me for the chicken salad...hair on the side.

I will not return.

Scranton, PA
“Best meal in Birmingham!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2007

What a surprise! I tried the Botega cafe but the line was wayyy too long for a hungry guy just getting off a long flight. I walked into the Silvertron and wondered if I was going to get a good meal. The waiter was unbeliveable. He came over sat down and went through all their specialties for me. I had a salad with their house balsamic which was one of the best I ever had. Then I had their chicken soup, which was also very tasty. The broth was abit on the heavier side but not creamy. It was delicious. Then the waiter suggested rigatoni. I was skeptical. I go to NYC a lot and didn't think I would like it, but I went with his suggestion. I am glad I did. The rigatoni had chicken, red and green bell peppers, bacon, and a white oil garlic sauce that was just great. I didn't have room for desert but they all looked good. I would definately go back there. Best of all my whole check was $20!

Athens, Alabama
“One of My Favorite Places To Eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2007

A friend turned me on to this place years ago and I fell in love with it immediately. They have these steak sandwiches that are to die for. Their salads are fresh and their mozzarella sticks are the best I have ever eaten. It has been a while since I have been there but I would never hesitate to go. Enjoy!

Enterprise, Alabama
“Wonderful Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2006

We went with friends (who are from Birmingham) to Silvertron. We had great service and the food was really good. I would recommend this restaurant based on my experience and plan on dining there again in the future.