“Nice place w great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Birmingham

You added The Westin Birmingham to your Saves list
The Westin Birmingham
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2221 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd. N., Birmingham, AL 35203   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #17 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Nice place w great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Best choice for downtown. Close to several restaurants and landmarks in the downtown area. On a very busy weekend it was super quiet in the room. Parking garage is convenient but the valets are working hard all the time if you use them.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Hi Ajflyfish,

Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon!

Angelica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been traveling to this Westin since they opened and two plus years later they still have not 'worked out the kinks'.
PROs:
The rooms are clean and new (hence my three stars instead of two.) And the staff are all very friendly and accomodating.

CONS: The rooms are often not stocked on arrival (water, shampoo, towels.) I actually can't think of a visit where I didn't have to call to request a standard item. I have ordered room service a dozen times and the orders are either late, incorrect, or the food was just awful. And the 'streamlined' valet process (text for your car) has never worked any of the times I tried to use it; I still wait in line to get my car regardless.

I continue to stay here because I am an SPG member and the rooms are nicer than the Sheraton (next door) but after this last trip, I may reconsider.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Hello busybiztravlr,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I would like to extend a sincere apology for any inconveniences you experienced during your stays with us. I have passed on all of your valid concerns to the Director of Operations and will see that your concerns are addressed. We would like to invite you back so we may have the opportunity to regain your confidence in The Westin Birmingham hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Northfield, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Whoever trains the staff at the Westin Birmingham to be friendly, obviously is an expert. Everyone one you meet, from the doormen, to the front desk reception, to the housekeepers greet you with a smile and a "Hello." When we checked in late on Thursday night, Octavia greeted us with a warm welcome and asked if there was anything we needed. The doorman was quick to give us a hand and could not have been more pleasant. William McBeath called me by name in morning (not sure how he figured that out) and always greeted me as I came in and out over the weekend. Oh, and the hotel is also clean and quiet with spacious rooms. Great place to stay while you visit Birmingham.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Hello Ron F,

Thank you for sharing your kind words about our staff. We take pride in treating all of our guest like the VIPs that they are. I will be sure to pass on your refreshing review to Octavia and William. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This Westin appeared to be fairly new. A beautiful lobby with high ceilings and a live plant wall greet you as you enter. The layout of the hotel is a bit confusing, as is the parking situation (which was not clear to me and took me a while to figure out). However, the rest of the experience was great.

Room service was par for the course for Westins-- good but not great. A good fall-back option for the weary business traveler. There are also several restaurants in the area.

The room was very comfortable, as are most Westins. The bedding, mattress, and pillows are just right.

Staff were exceptionally helpful, friendly, and welcoming.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Hello Emily,

Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Madison, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here with wife for concert at BJCC. I stay at a lot of Westins because the tend to be top notch properties. This is a very new and nice property. Check in was slow and no person at the SPG desk, and at that time it was not crowded . Staff was courteous. Rooms were nice and clean, but for a Westin they are on the small side. Overall this is a "mini Westin" since it is only 9 floors. I will stay there again. Just hope they speed up check in.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello Jeff H,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I would like to apologize for the less than speedy check-in and for there not being a front desk agent at the SPG desk. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Camp Hill
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Arrive and my luggage was on concrete curb outside for 20 minutes because of no cart with no one watching it, yet, they told me to go check in.
Slow Check-In - Only one person checking people in and it was late afternoon not a high rate of check in/check out time
Room OK - Small and plain for the price
We ordered room service for breakfast for two meals and they brought three - Contacting the front desk, they transferred us to In Room Dining and I went into voice mail , so I called back to the front desk to notify In Room Dining.
In Room Dining called and said they would adjust bill and came up and took the extra meal away,
We were booked in the "Renewal Package" and were supposed to get $60 credit on our breakfast (2 X's $30) and when I received the bill via email later in the day - no $60 credit.
Contacted Westin on March 29th and they transferred me to their billing but no one was there to make the adjustment.
Contacted Westin on March 30th and the billing department said they would check into it and call me March 31st.
March 31st - no call and no adjustment
Just an overall bad experience

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hello Rosanne G,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused to make your stay less than enjoyable. I would like to discuss this matter with you further. I may be reached at angelica.thomas@westin.com. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Nashville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed overnight on a Saturday and enjoyed the hotel and the immediate surrounding area. Everything was clean and in nice condition, but the mattress we slept on was really hard and uncomfortable. I see the other reviewers have mostly enjoyed the beds, so maybe the one in our room is an exception, but as probably the most important part of a hotel stay it did not meet the level of the rest of our stay by a long shot.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello RecessionProof,

Thank you for your comment. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I do apologize that you did not enjoy your experience with our Heavenly Bed and I would like to discuss your concerns with you further. I may be reached at angelica.thomas@westin.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Angelica

Been to The Westin Birmingham? Share your experiences!