“Great Value and Terrific Hotel in Downtown Birmingham” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Birmingham

You added The Westin Birmingham to your Saves list
The Westin Birmingham
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2221 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd. N., Birmingham, AL 35203   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #17 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Value and Terrific Hotel in Downtown Birmingham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Hotel is very new. Rooms are well appointed. Staff is super helpful. I was there for business. Fitness room has several treadmills, bike, and elliptical. There is a multi-weight machine, two benches, a rack of free weights, floor mats, yoga mats, resistance bands, and a few jump ropes! Nice job! Having the Todd English P.U.B. in the hotel is fantastic since there isn't much in downtown Birmingham. The Brazilian steakhouse opens soon too. The Octane coffee bar is attached to the hotel. Great coffee. All in all, a great value.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear TravelingAdvocat,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We loved reading about your positive experience and your local area tips are great. Thank you for mentioning our on site restaurant Todd English P.U.B and Octane Coffee Bar. I'm also happy to hear that you had a chance to check out the Westin Workout Fitness Studio. We hope to be able to serve you again soon.

Be Well,

Angelica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We travel a lot and this Weston exceeds any expectations we had for a really quality, well managed, immaculate hotel. From check in to check out, everything was top notch. We had wonderful service at check in, met the best, friendliest bar tender who could make any drink special and worked with the best concierge we have ever experience. Our king room was well appointed and very, very comfortable.

Just a great hotel

Room Tip: Great layout of rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

On January 28 2014, the city of Birmingham was slammed with an uprecedented winter storm that rocked the entire Southeast. The entire city shutdown and panic ensued as residents were trapped in cars due to weather and highway gridlock. Unfortunately, many people were unable to secure safe and warm shelter forcing them to sleep in cars or walks miles in the storm to reach home.

All my business meetings were cancelled and I, too, was trapped in Birmingham. Luckily, I was booked at the Westin Birmingham and learned what "going above and beyond" truly meant in hotel hospitality. Not once during the city's shutdown did I experience any discomfort or interruption in hotel service. The entire hotel staff converged to ensure we were all safe, comfortable and well cared for during this crisis. Under the leadership of hotel manager, Caesar Serna, hotel guests ate and slept well even though the hotel staff worked 24 / 7 with no sleep and unable to return home to their own families.

And every single person on staff from Mr. Serna to Micheal Andrews, Karisham Mahtani, Gabrielle Jenkins, Ugene Sanders and so many more staff whose names I regrettably did not obtain, provided exceptional customer service with a BIG smile and an even bigger upbeat spirit. One would have never guessed the hotel staff were tired or upset despite the panic sweeping the entire city. And the comraderie of the staff who supported one another was a testament to the hotel's excellent management. I witnessed and experienced valet and Executive staff serving food to guests at the hotel restaurant - all with a smile and not ONE complaint about their own situation.

As a result, I experienced a 3 day break from work where I relaxed, slept and ate. I cannot thank the Westin Birmingham staff and their managment enough for turning a winter tragedy for the city into one of the warmest hospitality experiences I've ever had. Even my boss who is a Hilton Honors devotee remarked that he might change loyalties after experiencing the Westin Birmingham!

I'll never stay anywhere else when I'm in Birmingham. Thank you so much Mr. Serna and team!

Lien Bragg

Green Features: Westin Birmingham offers a Green program and additional bonus points if you opt in.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I can't say enough wonderful stuff about this hotel! I was pleasantly surprised by it when I arrived. It is newer and the rooms are great! They have some extra room in them as the mirror in the bathroom is the best if your a woman! (Can I say GREAT lighting!!)
I also want to make sure and mention that the staff here is the best I have ever experienced! They all have smiles, are pleasant, as well as very helpful!
I actually had a situation were my suitcase did not make it into my car before I pulled away from the hotel and I had to go to the client first and then was going to the airport. I called and told them I did not have it and they were so responsive! The assistant manager even called me and asked were I was and that they would bring me my suitcase to me that there was no reason to come back to the hotel! Most places would have told me thy had it and I could come get it when I could! not here!
I just can't say enough about the staff!!
There is a Pub in the bottom of the Westin and it has good food but it is LOUD. *hint* If you go over by the lobby bar, ask for the food menu and it is the Pubs menu. Order from there and you can eat at the lobby bar or there are some chair/table groupings there and you can eat there with friends/co-workers and you will actually be able to hear each other!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Was at this westing for two nights doing filming for business. The location is downtown and close (5 minute) drive to great local dinning. From the momment we arrived and checked in the staff was extremely polite (even the car valet had a smile) and welcoming (true definition of southern hospitality at it's finest). The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. The bed was amazing, i slept like a baby. And the grounds and area were very quiet. Everything you expect from a weston. They even had starbucks coffee and tea in the rooms! The restaurant connected to the downstairs had a wonderful breakfast as well as dinner and great beer selection while watching the basketball and football games on the big screens. Great vibe! wonderful hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

You expect the best when you stay at the best. Like the others, the standards are high, the rooms immaculate, the service unquestionable, and the attention to detail attended to. This edition is more of the same except it is in Birmingham. Good job outa' them.

Room Tip: If you're there, you have a good room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

While there are many places to stay in Birmingham, there is clearly only one choice - The Westin.

Karishma, Anjelica, even Deborah at Todd English Pub - all made our trip enjoyable. We were in Birmingham due to some unusual circumstances, and The Westin staff made us feel right at home. They were courteous, friendly, knowledgable, and just a pleasure to deal with. From room service to front of the house, everyone went out of their way to accommodate us.

The rooms are modern, food was solid, close proximity to all major highways...but above all else, the service is what makes this place special.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Westin Birmingham? Share your experiences!