“Always one of top 4 choices for us in Birmingham” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Highlands Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 872 Restaurants in Birmingham
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 20th Street South
Miramar Beach, Florida
“Always one of top 4 choices for us in Birmingham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Dined with friends after the BBVA Bowl game. As always, this is one of Birmingham's finest. Make your reservations early though because it is always busy. Service is fantastic. Always a great choice for any occasion.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, California
“the best restaurant....ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have been wined and dined in all the big cities...NYC, LA, SF, Chicago...and this by far is the BEST American restaurant I have ever been to. I ordered a veal that wasn't as good as my husband's steak. I didn't complain, but the guy asked...and I said it was ok, I wish I ordered the steak. He immediately took my plate and said the steak should only take 10 minutes and apologized. The steak he brought me was divine!!!! With blue cheese butter...I still dream about it at night. He also introduced me to Pappy Van Winkle whiskey...only the best Whiskey EVER! Their tuna tartar was like eating poke on a fancy cracker. I hate grits...but their grits made my mouth wanting more! I ended taht night with a coconut cake that I order from their sister restaurants ever since that night. Ok enough blabbing...if you come to visit Birmingham or have never been...this is a must go!

Visited March 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
“Some of the best food in the Nation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

If your looking for the absolute best of everything, this is your place. From the Valets to the desserts, your evening at Highlands will be spectacular. A word of caution though. You may never look at food in the same way after tasting their gastronomical delights.

Visited September 2012
birmingham
“only whats fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

the shifting of the menu reflecting what is in season and the exquisite and imaginative preparations of those items make Highlands and exceptional experience; the dining room is a little stuffy, but the tables in the bar area are perfect....thank you, Frank Stitt, for making the food scene in Birmingham ranked among the best

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great service, good food, too expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The service is excellent, food good (last meal there, the tuna was cold-supposed to be hot), the place was packed, the prices are extremely high and the serving portions extremely small so don't be surprised. I got indigestion thinking about the bill and rightly so when it arrived. As long as the place stays full, that won't change. I'm sure Chef Stitt goes home each night and gets a good laugh at the size of the cash register proceeds.

• Visited October 2012