“Good BBQ and Southern Hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Fargo, North Dakota
“Good BBQ and Southern Hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stopped by for a late dinner while working in Birmingham. The bartender was extremely nice and had great service. She recommended certain items and drinks. I had the brisket, which was good. Nothing about this place really blew me away, but I was very pleased at the same time. They were closing after I arrived but I never felt rushed and I definitely got the southern hospitality feel while I was there.

I will definitely go back to Jim N Nick's BBQ!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, Alabama
“Bait and Switch!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I got a $10 chicken sandwich. It was supposed to come with a side. I wanted a salad. It was supposed to cost $2 extra which is a ripoff. Instead of $2 he charged me $4.95 for a small salad! A Miller Lite was $4.95!

No sauce on the table except extra hot habanaro. When we FINALLY got some other sauces, it was ice cold.

The restaurant has gone down a lot in the past few years. Your prices are ridiculous. You did the bait and switch, hoping no one will say anything. You can skim much more than you advertise that way; very unethical.

The waiter was clueless.

Very disappointed, and I won't be back!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Haven, Connecticut
“Really good food, but poor service and long waiting time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I've been to this restaurant repeatedly on visits to Birmingham and always was very satisfied with the food. This time I had just a salad, but it was excellent. The barbecued meat I had on earlier occasions was also first rate. However, the waiting time was quite long and the service, at least on this occasion, was inept. Others in my party, who live in Birmingham, confirmed that this particular waiter was known as a bungler. so perhaps my critique applies to him only. The inside of the restaurant is a bit dark, which includes the furniture, but the noise level is relatively low. Recommended mainly for the food.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, Alabama
“Excellent Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The ribs were tender and falling off the bone, homemade sweet tea, and great service. There's a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Plenty of southern hospitality,

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toms River, New Jersey
“Amazing barbecue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Barbecue was some of the best I have had. Visited on "taco night" and while we didn't try the barbecue tacos we did have queso with sausage which was excellent. Service was great and wide selection on the menu.

Visited March 2014