“Chris Hastings had done it again!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 830 Restaurants in Birmingham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, American, Belgian, Vegetarian
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Birmingham, Alabama
“Chris Hastings had done it again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great for. Great menu. Great presentation. Great atmosphere. Chris is one of Birmingham's best chefs and this is one of Birmingham's great restaurants.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Huntsville, AL
“Fine Dining in Birmingham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I love true fine dining when the menus change daily, the food is always fresh, seasonal fruits and vegetables adorn your plate, and the service is almost always good and usually better than good. All the above is what is offered at Hot and Hot Fish Club. My fiance and I had a great evening there after driving in from Huntsville. It was worth the trip. Blood oranges were the item that seemed to make it into each dish and I love how each dish incorporated the ingredient. The martini, the cheese plate, and my cobia. It wasn't the best filet of cobia I have ever had but it was the best presentation and overall plate of cobia (all accompanying ingredients). The scallops were fantastic as well.

Visited February 2014
“Rude people and horrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I've given this place 3 tries to impress me based off of what others have told me & my opinion hasn't changed. Food is okay, over priced, and very rude people. I'll spend my money at highlands from now on. Thank God for Frank Stitt and his restaurant's consistency.

“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Went here with my family when they came to visit me at BSC. It was delicious! I made a reservation for dinner about a week and a half in advance and the earliest time was 8:45. Unfortunately when we got there we had to wait about an hour to eat. But they gave us a complimentary appetizer! And the food was absolutely amazing which made up for the horrible wait (even with a reservation).

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Favorite restaurant in Birmingham.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Every time my wife and I visit Birmingham we arrange to sit at the counter and watch the food being prepared in front of us. It's like watching an episode of Iron Chef on TV - a good analogy since Chef Hastings won when he competed.
The food is creative and fresh, and the preparation is attractive. Service is excellent. We will return, and recommend Hot and Hot to foodies everywhere.