“Caring, Comfortable, and Accomodating Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham SW
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 State Farm Pkwy, Birmingham, AL 35209   |
Ranked #3 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
Birmingham
“Caring, Comfortable, and Accomodating Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stay here 2-3 times a year. The service is great, room is nice and clean. Buffets are good. If you need help with anything the staff helps immediately. Seeing the same staff members each time is like going to visit family members. Highly reccomend hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Mc Calla, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband was in a nearby hospital, in SICU, after having his 2nd brain surgery in less than 3 yrs. I needed a place for our youngest son & I to spend the night, so that we could be near my husband, & yet still have a nice place for us to try & get some much needed sleep. After having telephoned a cpl of places, I kept hearing that every place around was booked for the night, due to the AL football game & Talledega. Our son & I headed toward the closest area, that had nice hotels. I had seen where Drury Inn & Suites was on the hospital website, as offering a discount for those who had loved ones in the hospital, so we went there 1st. When I went in & approached the desk, no one was there, but there was a sign posted that someone would be there in a min., to just pick up the phone & let it ring. A very friendly, smiling young woman came right away. When I asked if she had anything for the night, at first she told me they were booked. I asked why everything in the area was booked & she told me why. When I explained why we needed a room nearby, she said, "Let me see what I can do." She went to her computer & told me that she had a handicap access. avail., & when she told me the rate, with the discount, I told her we'd take it. She told us about the hot breakfast & suppers they have there, & handed me our rm. cards & the info. about the meals. The room was wonderful, the bed was very comfortable, the shower was great & in all of our travels throughout the country, we've never had breakfasts or suppers like they served. Tons of food choices & it was hot & delicious! We would definitely recommend this hotel & ck. this hotel chain, in any future travels we may take.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

from check in to check out this hotel was amazing. All the staff members were very friendly. Our room was so clean and comfortable. Pool and hot tub were very nice! We love Drury inn and all the extras like the evening food and the wonderful breakfast!

Troy, Al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Best breakfast. Free dinner and 3 drinks each night. We will definitely be back!
Very friendly staff and helpful. I read previous reviews this motel was difficult to get to, but not the case. Very close to downtown area. The bed was exeprionally comfortable. A coworker and I stayed in a two queen room and we had plenty of room.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location for our golf outing. Easy walking distance to several quality restaurants. Best customer service I have experienced from any hotel. I would highly recommend this location to any travelers.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a good value with some nice extras. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The front desk staff was exceptionally friendly. The kick back dinner and drinks was a nice bonus item. Enjoyed the free beer and it was very convenient to grab the free food. The free food wasn't awesome, but it did the trick. If you don't like hot dogs and chicken strips, then you need to go out and pay for dinner. Breakfast was about what you typically get at a value hotel. I did like that they had real cream for the coffee at breakfast. The workout room was also about what you'd expect. Nothing fancy, but got my morning workout in. The decor was a little dated, but that was a nit. I'd recommend this hotel over others of its type. The nice little extras and the cheerful staff make a difference.

Glencoe, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed for one night in October. Quick check in, free popcorn and soda until 9pm. Room was clean and nicely appointed; bed was comfy. Only drawback was the heat/AC was controlled by thermostat and turned on/off all night. Woke me up repeatedly as it cycled, but I am a light sleeper. Front desk staff was exceptionally pleasant and there was a free full breakfast in the morning with a Starbucks within walking distance down the road.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham SW? Share your experiences!