“Great Value!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
Barrie
“Great Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Love this hotel chain! Comfortable beds, "Kick-back", and free hot breakfast....all packaged at reasonable prices. We have stayed at several locations since discovering this chain last fall (thanks to the Travellers hotel coupons) and have never failed to be impressed with their welcoming staff. Can't believe it took us this long to discover the Drury hospitality!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I searched high and low looking for decent hotels to spend the night during my trip to Arkansas and had almost given up trying to find a hotel that would accept my dog without charging me an arm and a leg deposit. Not to mention the reviews of some of the hotels were HORRIBLE.
That was until I found the Drury Inn & Suites...still was skeptical but thought I'd give it a try. Worst case would be I would get there and just leave and sleep at a rest area if need be.
I just knew after speaking with a reservations agent that I was in good hands. He was so helpful and friendly (wished I had written down his name so I could have mentioned him in this post). Upon arriving the front desk clerk was friendly and made me feel right at home...he was busy helping other guests and was just as pleasant to everyone in line.
The room not only smelled clean it was clean (unlike other pet friendly hotels), carpets were clean, the bathroom was spotless and equally important, I felt safe coming and going from the hotel when letting my dog out.
I am already booked for my return trip as I will be heading back through Birmingham on route to Florida. I only hope I can find the Drury Inn & Suites as I make my way out West for a long road trip this summer.

I guess the only thing I would ask for those people traveling with pets staying at this facility and reading this post is to please pick up after your pets in the outdoor areas...I would hate for this establishment to discontinue offering pet services because pet owners aren't considerate of their property. For those of us that enjoy traveling with our pets it is difficult trying to find accommodations that are reasonable and clean...please don't ruin a good thing!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Oh-my gosh! Drury Inn, I am a fan for LIFE! I had never stayed in a Drury before this one and now I never want to stay anywhere else.

We came in with a large group, and if management is reading this they will know EXACTLY what group we were!!! (3 kids, crazy diving family from Pittsburgh..yeah, that's us!) To write about all of the wonderful things would take days. Staff: AMAZING Rooms: AMAZING House Service: AMAZING Typically if you read my reviews I am very, very honest and will tell you if anything was not up to par..the ONLY thing I can say about Drury is I wish the gym were bigger. THAT'S IT!!

There is a "kick back" every night and they serve REAL FOOD! And it's good food, too!! Nachos, chicken tenders, baked potatos, soups, salads, veggies, chips, dips, meatballs...very good, not like the other "managers receptions" that I have been to where you get Ritz Crackers and that's the end of it. The drinks are good too! 3 free alcoholic beverages per night of stay per person over the age of 21. Breakfast was also AMAZING.

I'm saying nothing more - just stay here. You will NOT regret it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this property for a week on business and really enjoyed. The room was spotless, the bed extremely comfortable, the breakfast and happy hour a nice addition BUT best of all, the friendly, courteous, smiling staff. It was so nice to start and end the day with them! I am extremely particular and this was a 5 star experience. Thanks to all.

• Stayed March 2013
Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Great location, with plenty of restaurants nearby. Free breakfast, dinner, and long-distance! What more could you want? The decor is rather sober (lots of browns), but other than that, this is a chain that is giving Marriott a run for its money. Their loyalty program is worth joining. The staff is one of their greatest assets.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This is a very clean hotel!! Super friendly staff!! They go out of their way to make you feel welcome!! We have stayed there 3 times now and we will stay there every time we go through Birmingham!! Wonderful breakfast and happy hour!! Staff even comes around and clears your table for you!!

• Stayed February 2013
Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had a excellent room. Everyone was very nice. During the kick-back in the evening the Manager even came around and talked to the guests. He even helped clear off tables. There was plenty of room for people to set and there were several seating areas for people to set around and visit. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: We had a suite at the end of the hall and it was very quiet.