I searched high and low looking for decent hotels to spend the night during my trip to Arkansas and had almost given up trying to find a hotel that would accept my dog without charging me an arm and a leg deposit. Not to mention the reviews of some of the hotels were HORRIBLE.
That was until I found the Drury Inn & Suites...still was skeptical but thought I'd give it a try. Worst case would be I would get there and just leave and sleep at a rest area if need be.
I just knew after speaking with a reservations agent that I was in good hands. He was so helpful and friendly (wished I had written down his name so I could have mentioned him in this post). Upon arriving the front desk clerk was friendly and made me feel right at home...he was busy helping other guests and was just as pleasant to everyone in line.
The room not only smelled clean it was clean (unlike other pet friendly hotels), carpets were clean, the bathroom was spotless and equally important, I felt safe coming and going from the hotel when letting my dog out.
I am already booked for my return trip as I will be heading back through Birmingham on route to Florida. I only hope I can find the Drury Inn & Suites as I make my way out West for a long road trip this summer.
I guess the only thing I would ask for those people traveling with pets staying at this facility and reading this post is to please pick up after your pets in the outdoor areas...I would hate for this establishment to discontinue offering pet services because pet owners aren't considerate of their property. For those of us that enjoy traveling with our pets it is difficult trying to find accommodations that are reasonable and clean...please don't ruin a good thing!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. From family fun at the Birmingham Zoo to a step back in time at the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute to fast paced action at the Talladega Superspeedway, you’ll find it all in Birmingham. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham SW reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Birmingham Sw
- Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Sw Hotel Birmingham
- Drury Inn Birmingham
- Drury Birmingham