My family and I travelled to the Drury Inn on Christmas Day, 2012, after driving up from Destin Florida. We were frazzled because we had to get on the road at the crack of dawn and drive fast to avoid the tornadoes about to descend on Southern Alabama. The staff at the Drury Inn was wonderful, helpful and welcoming! Twaunya, Jamarcus, and Shonta were working the Christmas Day shift very cheerfully, and the guests were in the lounge, playing bridge and chatting. We were fed a lovely dinner (included in the room price) and a nice breakfast the next day too. The food was simple but of good quality, and Ms. Angela was there to make sure everything was all right for us. She, too, was very friendly and the atmosphere was convivial and warm, a welcome contrast to the severe thunderstorms raging outside.
This hotel allows pets but this doesn't detract from the neatness of the place and there is not a pet smell. The rooms are really nice and clean and the beds are full queen size, roomy and comfortable. There is a microwave in the room and a kind of cooler, but not an actual refrigerator. You can store any refrigerator or freezer items at the front desk. Hassle-free wi-if is included in the room price, too. There is a lot of built-in value at the Drury Inn, and I highly recommend it! Very convenient to the highway, stores, and restaurants.
There is an indoor pool with a jacuzzi. . .we couldn't use it bc of the severe weather outside, but it is a nice draw in general.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. From family fun at the Birmingham Zoo to a step back in time at the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute to fast paced action at the Talladega Superspeedway, you’ll find it all in Birmingham. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham SW reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Birmingham Sw
- Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Sw Hotel Birmingham
- Drury Inn Birmingham
- Drury Birmingham