“Excellent Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 82 hotels in Birmingham
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We always stay here when on business at the Magic City :D...Excellent Staff & Good Food as well...They serve a great free breakfast in the morning & a nice diner at 5 to 7 which is also free as well...They really stick by their slogan extras are not extra..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We chose this hotel because of its good rating on TripAdvisor and the fact that they allowed dogs with no extra charge. I had never stayed in a Drury before but will certainly seek them out in the future. They had a free dinner and and free breakfast. Dinner consisted of a mainly lettuce salad, broccoli/cheese soup, penne with marinara, meatballs, hotdogs, nachos and chips, pretzels and popcorn. Also one got a ticket for 3 alcholic drinks for the evening.
Breakfast was scrambled eggs, sausage, fried potatoes, biscuits and gravy, donuts, yogurt, waffles, fruit and cereal.
Rooms were very nice and clean. Free wi-fi and an indoor/outdoor pool.
The only minor complaint I had was that our room was located right across from the pool and seemed to be a main corridor. Noises made our dog bark some.
Overall, we were very impressed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ft Myers Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We "walked in" to this motel on a trip through Alabama. They were happy to check us in at a reduced walk-up rate and also gladly welcomed our Cairn Terrior at no extra charge. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The room was large and impeccably clean. The breakfast was good, especially the biscuits. Before we checked out, a manager went out of his way to listen to our impressions of his facility and appeared to really care about us. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We enjoyed out recent weekend stay at this Drury Inn. The room was clean and the beds very comfortable. We had a problem with the Air conditioning though and it was never resolved. We spent a very warm first night there and the person who helped us offered to reimburse us for that night but when we got the bill it was not taken care of. Our relatives had nice, cool rooms. We were grateful that they found a fan for us to use our second night. If you want a cool room make sure you don't get room 130! We had also asked that our three families be close by. We were all coming from out of town to attend a funeral. My sister's family were unable to get into their assigned room because the door was locked from the inside. They were moved to an upper floor. It would have been nicer for us to all be together. Besides that the breakfast was nice. The evening food and drinks are a nice treat. We didn't even have to go out for dinner. The hotel is pet friendly and we appreciated being able to bring our little dog with us. There are plenty of restaurants close by- many are within walking distance. There are shops close by also. We weren't impressed with the staff when we checked in at night. Things seemed chaotic and unorganized. The manager in the morning was friendly and helpful. We also thought the lady working in the dining area in the evening was very helpful, nice and she kept things running smoothly. Extra's that were nice were computers, work out room, fridge and microwave in each room. The hotel has a small indoor/outdoor pool with a hot tub. All in all, a pretty nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in May while a family member was in a local hospital. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable. Also, the extras made it very convenient ..... hot breakfast buffet and hot food in the evenings. Complimentary drinks were also provided. It was nice not to have to go out to a restaurant after a long day at the hospital. Although I didn't have the kids with me this time, I think Drury Inns would be a nice, comfortable stop on a family road trip as well.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I've stayed at this Drury Inn a couple of times, thought I'd leave a review - I'm not sure which one in AL I like more this hotel or the one in Montgomery. Both have very nice staff, I appreciate the small meals and complimentary drinks - my one complaint is their seltzer water is dispensed so - no bubbles or carbonation, I've become hooked on mineral water and will take tonic or seltzer instead - in Montgomery it was served by bottle, here it may as well not have been offered as dispensed. But that is my only complaint. There was a tour group coming through and the front desk told those of us checking in that they blocked off rooms on the middle floors for them, so their 2 am arrival would not disturb guests already checked in. Bed comfortable, room clean, checkout easy. Again, a great place for groups and families traveling, not so bad for a business traveler in town on a tight budget looking for a few fringe benefits and conveniences.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

On a loop trip around the country starting from Florida, what started out as a divine adventure turned into a serious effort to get me home safely when my AC quit in Tucson and I still needed to at least get to Montana to see my sister. After that, with a withering drought and heat between me and home, my husband started a heroic effort to keep me in the cool and staying in comfortable surroundings. Destinations were chosen based on fogging windows and attitude. He basically "Trip Advised" me across the country, and that elevated the entire epic into a wonderful dream that allowed me to appreciate the countryside and trust where this 65 year old woman would end up each night.

Birmingham turns out to be gorgeous with lovely rolling hills and reasonable temps and humidity even in August. The Drury Inn just added to my delight. Has an elegant feel to the lobby and common areas, and the room was spacious, luxurious, and reasonable. Several restaurants are within walking distance, and I ate at a lovely Chili's. Used the fitness room which is important when spending hours on my butt. And, how can you beat a nice light dinner, which is really what they provide with their chicken and nachos and garden salad. And then a full, healthful breakfast in the morning.

Drury has sort of become our home away from home when traveling, and the one in Birmingham is a notch above. Also, as I left, I wanted to buy some water and didn't have all the change I needed. The gal at the desk took what I had. She reflected the lovely greeting I received when I arrived the afternoon before. This Drury has outstanding staff, location, and facilities.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham SW? Share your experiences!