“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
Clemmons, NC
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

The front desk staff were extremely friendly and engaging. The room was very nice, very clean and comfortable. The property overall appears well maintained. I had the buffet breakfast 2 mornings and the dining area was clean, the wait staff friendly and the food actually quite good. The custom omelette was good, food hot and actually served rather than going through a buffet line which was a little different. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
JohnReaganGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Dear thinson,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It really helps us be sure that we are giving you the best service we can provide. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service the staff provides. I will be sure to convey your praise onto them. Our entire food and beverage department is top notch and they are always looking for ways to provide the best experience possible. Recently, we started having nightly features that are just amazing. Hopefully you will be able to give it a try next time you are in town. We look forward to seeing you when you are back in Birmingham!

Regards,

Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham/Lakeshore Drive
520 Wildwood Circle North
Phone: 205-314-0274
Email: John.Reagan@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011 via mobile

Great, clean, modern hotel. Service was great and helpful.

The hallways aren't very cool. Not sure if the A/C is broken but it was a little too warm.

Also, I know this sounds odd but the carts are very odd to push and at times hard to control. But besides this I love this hotel. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011
JohnReaganGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Dear jbdalomba,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham/Lakeshore Drive. Your feedback is important to helping us improve. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am the new General Manager of the property, but I am glad to inform you that since the time of your visit the malfunctioning hallway air conditioner has been repaired. From your review, I will look into the functionality of the bell carts and take the appropriate action. Thank you for bring this issue to my attention. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Birmingham, Alabama. If you have any question or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at the information below. Thank you so much for staying at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham/Lakeshore Drive.

Kindest Regards,

520 Wildwood Drive North
P: 205-314-0274
F: 205-314-0275
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

My husband traveled to Birmingham on business. He is a Hilton Diamond Club member, staying at Hilton properties 3-4 times a week. He called this Hilton Garden Inn the afternoon of his arrival and informed them he would be arriing late. The front desk informed him, "We don't need your name. We got you covered."

He arrived to be told that the king room he reserved had been given away. When he got to his room he found the sheets on his bed completely pulled off and clumped in the middle of the bed and the bathroom had towels thrown all over the floor.

When he informed the front desk, the lasy told him that they could not guarantee that the sheets were even clean!!! No apologies, no offer to make the situation better.

My husband went next door and stayed at the Holiday Inn express and had a wonderful experience.

This Hilton property is disgusting. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! Go next door to the Hioliday Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear KristinJo,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback about Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham/Lakeshore Drive. I am sorry for the issues that your husband had during his stay here in Birmingham. I want you to know that what your husband experience is not a normal occurrence at this location. I am the new General Manager of the property and want to let you know that I will work quickly to resolve any underlying issues that caused your husband to experience the problems he did. I want to assure you that we offer a clean, friendly, and convenient hotel stay while in Birmingham Alabama. Please feel free to contact me at the information below if you have any questions or concerns.

Kindest Regards,

520 Wildwood Drive North
P: 205-314-0274
F: 205-314-0275
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I was going to Birmingham to meet some old friends I had not seen in a long while. They were coming from different areas, to all meet in my room. I mentioned that during check-in and asked for a room with at least a sofa. The clerk told me he could do a little better then that. So I just said ok, thanks. He gave me my key and I went to my room. Yes it had better then a sofa, it had a living room. I know I will never be that lucky again, but I am planning another trip and his kindness will make me book their again. I realize it must have been a slow week. But that kindness, I will never forget. It was like being in Las Vegas and hitting a jackpot to book a double and get a suite! Amazing how that one kind act has led me to book at other Hilton Garden Inns, when I travel for business.
And if you want to shop or go to restaurants, they are within walking distance. Kids R Us is right across the street!

Room Tip: Always treat the employees as you would someone you cared about. They are doing a job. Try to make...
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
HiltonGMDavison, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Dear jasatt,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feeback regarding your stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive. We use feedback such as yours to continually improve our service and to let our team know that they are on the right track when it comes to serving our guests.

Our team works very hard to make sure each of our guests has a pleasant experience and I am so proud to hear that our front desk associate went above your expectations to ensure you were comfortable.

We certainly hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Birmingham.
Milan, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My family and I stayed here on our way to Florida. I prefer to stay in Hilton Hotels for the honors points, and generally really like Garden Inns. This one was very nice- friendly front desk staff who made check-in quick. For some reason, we were given a handicap room, which had a shower that was the same level as the rest of the bathroom. The shower head wanted to wander toward the curtain while showering, so we managed to get the bathroom floor very wet. Other than that, the room was perfect. Beds comfortable, air conditioning worked just fine. If I had to be in Birmingham again, I would gladly stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear mckinna1,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how things went during your recent stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive.

I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your stay overall. I apologize for the inconvenience that the shower caused for you. Sometimes those can be a bit tricky. The definite trade off is the much more spacious guestroom.

We hope that you will continue to choose Hilton Garden Inn when you travel, and continue to take the time to provide your feedback. We all consider it very valuable and we use it to improve our service.

Thank you again! We will see you the next time you are in Birmingham!

DeAnn Davison-Caulk
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

Husband is HILTON HONORS Diamond Member.
The King bed sagged horribly and needed replaced!
We left our room at noon and returned at 2am after attending an evening football game at the University of Alabama only to find that our room had not been serviced!
The desk clerk did find some clean towels when husband went down to complain since no one answer the phone!
Upon checking out the next morning, we brought this situation to the desk clerk attention and she credited us $45 on our bill.
We were left wondering - if this is how you treat your most frequent customer - what happens with the rest?

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
HiltonGMDavison, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, November 18, 2010
Dear Napunani,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay in Birmingham. My name is DeAnn and I am the new General Manager at the Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham/Lakeshore Drive. My first day in this new role was two days after your departure. I was disappointed to hear that your experience was unpleasant, and wanted you to know that my team and I are working diligently to provide outstanding customer service.

As an HHonors Diamond member, you realize that the experience you had was the exception and not the rule. Our HHonors members are our life's blood and we value your loyalty to the Hilton Family of brands. I certainly hope that the experience you had at our hotel will not cause you any hesitation when choosing Hilton for your travels in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback. It is extremely valuable in our efforts to improve service and continue to be the first choice of travelers.

At your service,
DeAnn Davison
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

I had a pleasant stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham/Lakeshore Drive. I was in town for my family reunion and this hotel was in a great proximity to all the events for the weekend. There's plenty of fast food restaurants around the hotel. The front desk staff is the nicest group of people you'll meet. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. There's a refrigerator and microwave in all the rooms. The hotel uses neutrogena bath products. The price is right. What else can you ask for?

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive? Share your experiences!