“SAFE AND CLEAN” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
Munford, Tennessee
“SAFE AND CLEAN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

After a terrible experience at another local establishment, we moved to Comfort Inn. The staff was very helpful and kind. They helped turn what was at that point a HORIBLE experience into a very enjoyable weekend. The location is good and I wasn't uncomfortable having my teenage daughter there. The room was CLEAN and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed at this Comfort Inn & Suites 5/9-10/12 and for the most part it was a very good hotel. The only "con" I guess is.... the second floor hallway carpet needs to be steam cleaned. There was a not so nice smell when you walked out into the hallway. However, the breakfast was great! A very good variety of foods and the area was nice and clean. The rooms were large and clean. The bed was very comfortable and so were the pillows. The lobby could use some sprucing up but overall it was a good hotel for the price. Would I stay there again? Probably so.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Gulf Breeze
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

We recently had a 3 day stay in Birmingham Alabama at the Comfort Inn & Suites Colonnade. The hotel was nice and the rooms clean. The breakfast was over at 9:30 sharpe and the selection lacked. I never saw hot coffee for the guests other than breakfast and it was cold and very watery... The bed was okay, mattress a little lumpy, but overall the room was good. Management is another problem. I made reservations with central reservations, not through the hotel. At check in, I ask the manager to make sure my choice points were posted to my stay and he said no problem. I checked on the posting the next day and I was told they were not posted, so I called central reservations and they said they had posted them,but the hotel management had taken them off as the hotel had said they had given us a special rate that did not include points. I told them to repost them as we did not get a special rate as central gave us our rate and that included points. The representative reposted the points and I ask the hotel management why they disallowed our points and their excuse was vague. At this point I was suspicious of them and when we checked out and back at home, I called central reservation again and they said the points had been taken off again by the hotel stating the same excuse. I let the choice hotels customer relations know what was going on and they said they would check the complaint out. I was told during our visit that we were the fourth family that day that was done that way. The hotel must pay for points given customers. As I stated before, the hotel was nice, but the management is untrustworthy... The hotel is also a bit out of the way from the shopping area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of the hotel away from the freeway is less noisey..Some people complained ab...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

The room had small amounts of trash in it when we checked in. Nothing horrid or anything but housekeeping must be pretty slack. We had 2 adults and 2 kids staying in the room and only 3 bath towels. I called the front desk and asked for more and they said I'd have to come down and get them. The breakfast was not good at all....its hard to mess up "make your own waffles" and muffins but they managed to do it. We were only there to sleep though so it was ok. Next time we go to Alabama for a football game... ROLL TIDE!!!!!! I think we'll try another hotel chain. Our last few times staying at a Comfort Inn were not very comfortable. Oh yeah, the indoor pool was pretty nice, but it closed kinda early.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 2nd floor and it was quiet. Our view was looking into the indoor pool and part...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stayed two nights the first night was ok, the room smelled funky but I made it through the night. Second night I'm sitting on the bed and a big centipede looking bug is crawling across the wall. The front desk guy moved me down the hall to another room. I had an uneasy feeling after the front desk guy told me they had just sprayed for bugs a couple of days before. About ten minutes after getting to the new room a cockroach crawled out from behind the fridge. I grabbed my bags and headed for the door, as I was leaving a green fly thingy buzzed me. At that point I couldn't help but laugh as I sprinted down the hall. One positive, the guy at the front desk only charged me for the one night. I didn't eat the breakfast....thank God. If I could give this place less than one I would.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

Upon check in, we went to our room. You can tell the rooms have been updated but, the room reeked of an awful odor, there was a huge greasy stain on the comforter, the tub had granite walls, but I have never seen mildew form on granite, but there was A LOT of mildew, the table the tv was on, was filthy with dust and crumbs....Overall it doesn't give you much confidence on how well the room was cleaned. I did say something to the guy at the front desk about the greasy stain on the comforter, his response was "Yeah, we just can't get that stain out." I told him I bet I could, and he said if you get it out you can have it. Really, I do not want your disguisting comforter, futhermore, how about replacing the one in the room?! I wish I had taken pictures. This place could be nice, but gotta say whatta dump!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Memphis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

We had a suite room (100)and I was extremly disappointed. My husband killed four roaches in the bathroom. The tray in the bathroom the ice bucket and four disposable cups sat on had not been cleaned in awhile as dust and hair were on it. The toilet tank had a crack which was partially filled in. There were things spilled on the wall, the carpet was ripped, the room and the hallway were both hot when we arrived. The sheets and comforters were stained.
The staff was extremely friendly though and the breakfast was ok.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Colonnade? Share your experiences!