Unfortunately I'm a frequent user of extended stay hotels-talking two weeks to two months at a time. If you are in that group you know the standard. These are the features Candlewood has the competition does not. All very small but a big deal when you're stuck away form home for a while.
1) Beds are very comfortable.
2) Linens, towels are high quality and soft.
3) Fridge has an automatic ice maker.
4) Nicely designed work space area with plenty of outlets.
5) Bathroom is well designed, plenty of shelf space.
6) Kitchen is well equipped, BBQ area provided.
7) TV Channel line up is great.
If you're not a frequent extended stay traveler these are all probably minor things but if you've been stuck in a hotel for weeks at a time you'll get it.
Overall a very well designed and appointed extended stay hotel. Beats the extended stay competition by a long shot.
This particular Candlewood is in a killer location. Very secluded, no highway traffic.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Candlewood Suites Birmingham Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection. Welcome to The Magic City! Our nickname, 'The Magic City' came about in 1871, when the community thrived and grew so quickly that many observers said it happened 'just like magic.' And we carry that tradition into the 21st century at the Candlewood Suites Hotel Birmingham. Each spacious suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Stay for one day, or treat us as your own corporate apartment.Work efficiently at your over-sized executive desk with free high-speed Internet access. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy your favorite movie on your in-room DVD player and you can borrow one of ours from the free DVD library Work off some stress in our fitness center or for a more intense workout we have free membership to the YMCA down the street. Pet friendly hotel with a non-refundable fee based on length of stay. $75 for 1-6 nights, $150 for 7 nights and above. Our Candlewood Suites is located in the heart of the business and shopping district of suburban Birmingham and Hoover. Minutes from Birmingham International Airport, University of Alabama Medical Center,National Guard Offices, and the Birmingham/Jefferson County Convention Center. For shoppers we offer you the Summit Shopping Center in Mountain Brook, the quaint streets of Homewood or the Riverchase Galleria in Hoover. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Candlewood Suites Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.