“Great Hotel and Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 81 Hotels in Birmingham
Bremen, Georgia
“Great Hotel and Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was one of the best hotel stays I have had in recent memory. I was in Birmingham for a concert and made a last minute reservation through Best Western. The manager Rony and his staff went out of their way to make my visit exceptional. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
bwcarlton, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carlton Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
To our Happy Guest Bob,

What a pleasure it was to have you stay with us while you were in town for a concert. Thank you so much for such high praise of our hotel and staff. Our Goal here at Best Western is to provide you with Superior Customer Care, and it's great to know when we have achieved our goal! Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.com, we truly appreciate it. We would be thrilled to have you visit us in the future when you are in need of lodging in Birmingham. Thanks again!

Barry Richardson and the Best Western Plus Family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Plum Grove, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

For the price, you don't expect such a great hotel. Greeted by the manager from the desk, you feel right at home. The rooms are spacious and impeccably clean. Really fast wi-fi for free, nice hot breakfast and more conversation with the management. We rate this as a favorite place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ondbrink,

We are ecstatic to know that you enjoyed yourself so much during your stay with us. It is great to know that we have become your favorite place to stay. Our rooms are spacious and clean, we do have free wi-fi, and we do have a free hot breakfast buffet. Thanks for taking the time reviewing us to the Tripadvisor nation. We look forward to having you back again!

Barry Richardson and the Entire Best Western Plus Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Incredible price for a great room: spacious, comfortable, clean. You cannot bet this hotel. Reception is friendly, complimentary coffee, comfortable bed. I was most satisfied.

The breakfast is average, but given the price you pay and the quality of the room, it is easily overlooked.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
bwcarlton, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carlton Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
To our Business Traveler Chris W,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are thrilled to have another satisfied guest. We always enjoy serving each and every guest that we have stay with us. We are glad you had a nice, spacious, comfortable, and clean stay. And we are looking forward to seeing you again in the future. Thanks Again,

Barry Richardson and the Best Western Plus Staff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I haven't stayed in a Best Western for quite sometime but this one was really nice for a remodel. Staff was excellent and the room was large enough to accommodate myself, wife 2 kids and a dog! Very nice, will definately stay here when passing through. Good job Best Western!

• Stayed September 2012
bwcarlton, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carlton Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Okambot,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. The remodel is in the final stages, we are overjoyed to know our guests are enjoying our newly renovated Family Suites. Best Western Plus Carlton Suites is a dog friendly hotel, it important to us that we take care of all your family members when you are traveling. We strive to meet the needs of travelers the best possible way we can. Thanks again for reviewing us, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we welcome you back anytime you are in Birmingham!

Barry Richardson and the Best Western Plus Staff
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We had a very nice stay. The room size was good and the rate was affordable. I would recommend it. Not a 4* hotel but quite comfortable. The breakfast was standard fare for free breakfast. The staff was quite friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
To our guest NoMoreHolidayInn,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Best Western Plus! We are an All-Suite Hotel so each room is going to nice, clean, and spacious, giving all of our guests plenty of room to stretch out and relax. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We look forward to having you back with us soon!

Barry Richardson and the Best Western Plus Team
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

With its perfectly manicured landscaping, I felt pretty good about my choice pulling into the Carlton Suites. Little did I know....
It all started with Jocelyn. She was working the counter. I walked in and she shouted out, "Hi! Welcome!" I looked around to see what dignitary had strolled in behind me. But, no. All that was for me. The only reason she didn't hug me was because the counter was too tall for her to vault. My check in experience was smooth and painless. All my requests were honored - first floor, close to the door, wireless, refrigerator.....all of it.
The outside door closest to my room worked like magic. If you approached it from the inside with your room key in your pocket, it opened automatically. If you inserted your key when approaching from the outside, it opened automatically. Too cool and really handy when your arms were full.
The room smelled very mildewy. Turns out the carpets had just been shampooed. I reported the odor and immediately they brought me a humidifier (they offered to move me) and within a few hours, the odor was gone.
I was at this hotel for five days. Housekeeping was thorough and kind. Anything I needed, including staying an extra day and a Seven-Up for a sick companion happened. Blake at the front desk was very helpful. In fact, when I went to the lobby to request the extra day, three people were talking with Blake. They all stood back as if I were the most important person in the world. Turns out that as a guest there, I am.
When the people stepped away, I just looked from one to the other and Blake explained they "worked here". So, I said that, "Since I had them all together here I would like to say....." and I proceeded to tell them of my wonderful experiences. Two of the people were Mr and Mrs Rony Naik, the proprietors. Nothing like getting to talk to the Big Cheese.
Turns out they had just received notice that they had been awarded a very presitigious award from the Best Western company. I had to say I wasn't surprised. If every guest was treated as I was, they couldn't help but be honored by the corporation.
The hotel is surrounded by nice restaurants (Landry's, IHOP, O'Charley's) and some fast food establishments if that is your preference. There's a Wal-Mart, an Office Max, a Hobby Lobby, and a KMart one exit away.
This was my first trip to Birmingham. The people, not just at the Carlton Suites, were friendly and helpful and downright happy. An extraordinary experience....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
To our Extraordinary Guest,

We truly appreciate you taking time out of your day to write such an extensive and in-depth review about our hotel. All of our staff work diligently day after day to provide our guests with the best stay possible. We highly value any and all travelers that stay with us, and do appreciate the business. We strive to create the best possible experience for every traveler that comes our way. As for our recent award, this is the highest honor a Best Western property can receive, the M.K. Guertin Award is awarded to hotels that best embody the vision of Best Western's founder and exemplify exceptional levels of service, quality, value and commitment to the brand. While this is a great honor, we know it wouldn't of been possible without our guests. So THANK YOU Bowlist and all of our other travelers who let the world know about our hotel. And to all of our future travelers, you can expect to be well taken care of by all of us here at Best Western Plus Carlton Suites.

Barry Richardson and the Best Western Plus Family!!!
henley-on-thames
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Tucked away in the Homewood area of Birmingham is this really good Best Western. It is not a sky rise hotel but more long. The rooms are large and offer a mini suite by way of a sitting area and kitchen. The bedroom and bathroom a seperated by a half wall. The room was clean and spacious and had a fridge, tv and microwave. There is a fitness centre and well appointed indoor pool.
There is free wifi, breakfast and parking and because of its length the hotel had a number of controlled entrances as well as a main lobby. The staff are friendly and there are a number of shopping and restaurant areas close by.
My impression is that this is more of a business hotel but if you want to stay out of downtown Birmingham then it comes highly recommended.

Room Tip: Just for quickness you may want to be close to the main lobby.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
bwcarlton, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carlton Suites, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
To Our Happy Guest,

Thank you so much for the kind words about our hotel and staff. We are an All-Suite hotel so each room is going to be clean and spacious, with plenty of room to relax. Also each room is furnished with a wet-bar, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and a 42 inch LCD TV. We do have an fitness center and indoor pool where you can swim with our dolphins. We welcome any and all travelers no matter if you're here on business or just visiting Birmingham. Wakey47, thank you so much for your review of our hotel, we are looking forward to seeing you again in the Future!

Barry Richardson and the Best Western Plus Team!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Carlton Suites? Share your experiences!